Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone use an IPAD for android tablet for quilting? >

Does anyone use an IPAD for android tablet for quilting?

Does anyone use an IPAD for android tablet for quilting?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM

I don't know about the IPad, but I do know with the IPhone you can easily have internet with you all the time. I currently have a Blackberry, but am going to upgrade to an IPhone very soon. I have internet on my Blackberry and use it for many things.
The notepad feature is great for any kind of list or notation you need to make. I have the dimensions of my windows for making curtains or finding curtain rods, the stock numbers of the ink cartridges for my printer, and all sorts of other info I might need.
In my picture file, I have pictures of blocks or quilts I would like to make.
Main reason I want to upgrade is that I'm running out of memory.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraA View Post
I use PDF reader pro to store patterns on my iPad. Also there are several apps that create pages from websites, which is nice for patterns and instructions as well. I love my ipad!
iPad has ereader where I can store pdf's and books which I can access it off line. I have more patterens stored than i'll eve be able to do in my lifetime but they are a great resource I am able to print on a wireless printer without any problem. The one thing I don't like is that I ordered a quilt book from Amazon and I couldn't print any of the patterns from it. They don't formate their ebooks for that.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Ily

You can print from your iPad if you have a wireless printer. You can print PDFs and from your email
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
What about printing out patterns?
I just bought a Kindle Fire and dont know what all I can do with it.
So far Im disapointed about the price of books. I can get used books thru Abes Books much cheaper than downloading prices. Ive got to be frugal about everything except quilting as its addictive and cant help myself.
Try checking with local libraries. There are apps out there they use and you can check out and download books on them.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 PM

I just recently read on the Hinterberg site about a long arm quilter that has a frame rigged up for hers that allows her to follow the laser on the panto and quilt from the front. (Panto on the back of frame). I thought that was novel!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Check out BlockFab in your

I pad store. It is a free ap that is fun to play around with the diff blocks and color ways.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM

I really love my iPad! I download audio books from the library and listen to them while I quilt. Now, I am reading the Quilting Board in bed. I can quilt all day and read about quilting at night. I am able to print from my iPad. I have quilting magazines on it. The free quilting aps that I use are QuiltCalc, BlockFab-HD, and QuiltShops. I am a much better quilter because of my iPad. The audio books keep me quilting and I have learned so much from everyone here by reading at night.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

​Very interesting information. I am just taking baby steps with my IPad but it is great to hear all the quilting things that it can do.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Thank You for all the great info. I feel better about my decision to buy and IPAD.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 AM

Your library has free Kindle books etc., to download 24/7! You just check them out from the comfort of your home.
Sandy