Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use the virtual sections?

Didn't know they existed.

I, too, must plead guilty to being intimidated by the name of the area. Now that I know what it is, and what it's for, it will save me a lot of time spent now in the search section! I will definitely use it. Thanks Rhonda, for bringing this to our attention. Hugs and smilesssss

Quote Originally Posted by pstoner
    Now that I found them, I will use them
    Me too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jal
    Rhonda, all your work is more than appreciated along with the other folks who contribute to this board and the virtual list. It is the best classroom on the net.
    Thanks,
    JAL

P.S. #1
    Thanks JAL I appreciate the kind words. And I agree this is the best classroom. So much info and so many kind patient quilters willing and ready to help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    I, too, must plead guilty to being intimidated by the name of the area. Now that I know what it is, and what it's for, it will save me a lot of time spent now in the search section! I will definitely use it. Thanks Rhonda, for bringing this to our attention. Hugs and smilesssss
    You're welcome Wildyard!

Thanks, I didn't know about this section. I will check it out. 8-)

Yes, I really find that helpful. I don't want to have to go back through several days of posts to find the topic I recall and want to reread.

Thank you for bring this to our attiontion. I didn't know what virtual section was. I had never been into it. It looks like a great place to learn from. I will be checking it out from now on. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I'm just curious. I manage two sections in the virtuals and there are several more. I was wondering if they are being visited.

If you haven't seen them you will find

IRRs
    Irish Chains
    Miniatures
    Bargellos
    Kaleidoscopes

and several more!

Here is the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

If you need the directions to get there on your own just click on Home then scroll down towards the bottom. You will see
    All user defined sections click on that and it will take you to the list of sections.

You can choose to subscribe and you will create a list on the home page of the sections you want to keep up with.

There is lots and lots of great information on there for the areas of interest that you want to check out!!

The thing I like about it is you don't have to slog through a lot of posts to get to the subject you are interested in. All of the miniatures are in one place or all of the bargello threads are in one place etc.

Hope you take time to have a look!!

Rhonda, perhaps you can answer my question about the Vintage group. I subscribed to it and find that it is very interesting, but the bombarbment of emails is almost impossible for me to management. I want to get out of it and don't know how to do it.
    Thanks for the heads up on this section. There are so many areas I want to investigate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reminder, I have been there a few times but tend to only check my watched topics, must remember to check out other parts of this wonderful board.

now that I know where they are, and what they are, yes, I will be using them also.
    thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG

Rhonda, perhaps you can answer my question about the Vintage group. I subscribed to it and find that it is very interesting, but the bombarbment of emails is almost impossible for me to management. I want to get out of it and don't know how to do it.
    Thanks for the heads up on this section. There are so many areas I want to investigate.
    You can click on subscibe and it will change to unsubscribe. But if you are unhappy with the emails notifications you can change that in your profile so you don't get any email notifications.

I don't use the emails. I use the watched topics instead. Then I can pick and choose which ones to go look at and I can delete any that I don't want to watch anymore. It has proven to be more accurate for me and I can manage it better than all the emails. I was not always getting all the email notifications and with the watched topics I wasn't missing anything.

I'll have to check them out. My time is usually limited on here, so I haven't ventured very far - YET. Thanks for explaining it.

Blog Entries
    Didn't know those were there....GEEZZZZZ, another thing to get all excited about....LOL Thank you for letting us know.

How does a person find this section in the quilting board? I don't see a link at the top of the message board and I'd like to know where to find it - thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1414
    How does a person find this section in the quilting board? I don't see a link at the top of the message board and I'd like to know where to find it - thanks!
    Here is the link I posted in the first post on this thread.

or here is the directions I posted for finding it without a link

to find the VS -

Click on:

1Home
    2 All user defined sections(this is toward the bottom of Home page)
    3 choose which one you want to see

Admin says since this is not a real section but a virtual section he can't put a link for it in the list of links.

to find the VS -

Click on:

1Home

Admin says since this is not a real section but a virtual section he can't put a link for it in the list of links.
    Thank you very much! I haven't seen this before - I guess I never clicked the right links!

Blog Entries

to find the VS -

Click on:

1Home

Thank you very much! I haven't seen this before - I guess I never clicked the right links!
    I think it is abit hidden too. I wish it could be done in a differant way so it was more visible but I guess the fact that it is virtual makes it impossible to do. Hence the need to let people know about it from time to time.

Thank you Rhonda.

Blessings,
    Ruth

Blog Entries
    I didn't know about it either. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I had no idea all of this great stuff was on this board but then my board time is very limited. I will do some exploring and have bookmarked this post. Thank you for the heads up
    GrammyPatty

I'm just curious. I manage two sections in the virtuals and there are several more. I was wondering if they are being visited.

If you haven't seen them you will find

IRRs
    Irish Chains
    Miniatures
    Bargellos
    Kaleidoscopes

and several more!

If you need the directions to get there on your own just click on Home then scroll down towards the bottom. You will see
    All user defined sections click on that and it will take you to the list of sections.

You can choose to subscribe and you will create a list on the home page of the sections you want to keep up with.

There is lots and lots of great information on there for the areas of interest that you want to check out!!

The thing I like about it is you don't have to slog through a lot of posts to get to the subject you are interested in. All of the miniatures are in one place or all of the bargello threads are in one place etc.

Hope you take time to have a look!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    thank you, I did not know it was there. God bless. Penny

Blog Entries
    Rhonda wouldn't this be the same as Watched Topics?

Thank you for posting this information as I'd been wondering what the virtual section is all about but due to limited time just haven't explored it. I definitely will check it out.
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    See - A different name is needed. User defined doesn't lend to what it is. Should we try to figure out a different name that says come on in?
    I totally agree with that. Virtual section also doesn't cut it with my brain function. I had no clue what they are but also just never had the time to explore. My board time is limited it seems.
    Patty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast