Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does Everyone in this group..... >

Does Everyone in this group.....

Does Everyone in this group.....

Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 AM

Handquilting for me - wish I had a long arm - or a Janome with a frame would do just fine - and a stitch regulator!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 AM

No long arm....but boy someday do I hope to have one. I have the room, just don't have the money currently. 2 kids in college can do that to you :)
I have sent a quilt out to a longarmer and I have done a project hand quilting. I found the hand quilting to be much nicer!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:34 AM
MNM

I love pieceing and putting the blocks together but when I tried to quilt my own quilt I found I did not enjoy it.
I send mine out to a dear friend who is in the business of quilting. I tried using her long arm and was so tense that I decided never to do it again. I like the puzzle part of quilt making and I like to make the back of my quilts as clean and sharp as the front.

MNM
Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 AM

no lomgarm here - some things I do on my pfaff others I send out to a longarm quilter
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 AM

No longarm for me. In fact I had never heard of them before I discovered this forum. Wall hangings and lap quilts are my cup of tea. I am just learning to piece on my Brother and Singer and will do hand quilting to finish my projects. Tried SID this week. I may keep up with it or not. Hand quilting relaxes me.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 AM

Nope I do not own a long arm machine . I am a dedicated piecer. I send out my quilts for longarm work .. .it is worth the money. No hassle.. no back ache... no stress trying to get that big quilt through my little arm machine.... no puckers... alot more quilting creativity.... and more time for me to get to the piecing that I love. Too many quilt tops sat around some never getting quilted because it was my least favorite thing to do ....and I always managed to dissappoint myself in the quilting.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 AM

I use a Bernina 160 Quilter's Edition for all of my quilting. I am still practising FMQ. Anyone want a couple of dozed pot holders? lol

I piece on a Janome.

The reason I have these 2 machines is because sister #2 has a janome and loves it and sister #4 has a Bernina and loves it! It was my mistake to ask them for their opinions!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:21 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Nope I do not own a long arm machine . I am a dedicated piecer. I send out my quilts for longarm work .. .it is worth the money. No hassle.. no back ache... no stress trying to get that big quilt through my little arm machine.... no puckers... alot more quilting creativity.... and more time for me to get to the piecing that I love. Too many quilt tops sat around some never getting quilted because it was my least favorite thing to do ....and I always managed to dissappoint myself in the quilting.
So glad to see your comments, I was begining to think I was the only one that did not quilt my own quilts.
MNM
Old 07-16-2010, 06:35 AM

I have a girlfriend that makes quilts and we both send them to a profesional quilter and every quilt we get back is such a surprise because of the pattern and the thread she uses. We just tell her what ever pattern and color thread she thinks. I made a quilt and it was for a little boy and she put all kinds of gears on it it was wonderful.I also made a quilt with cow fabric on the back and denim and cotton on the top and she put all weatern quilting boots,stars. bull heads with horns etc.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 AM

No long arm here. Just hand quilting and my small machine.