Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your guild have a Sew Day? >

Does your guild have a Sew Day?

Does your guild have a Sew Day?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 AM

Yes, I know we have a Sew Day--last Sat. of each month. I haven't been able to attend lately due to restraints due to health.
I know they have a good time and do a lot. They work on individual projects, community quilts, and whatever they want to do.
It is a profitable day and there are probably 15 or so that go. They bring their lunch.
Mariah
Old 03-03-2017, 09:06 AM

My modern guild has several a year. People bring their sewing machines and projects. Lunch is potluck. I've only gone once as it's on Saturday and that's a day I spend with my husband. It was fun chit chatting and laughing with the other quilters.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Our guild meets September - June. Of those 10 months, we probably have a Saturday sew day 5 or 6 times, with 10 or so folks coming. Everyone brings their own project and their own lunch. We used to do pot luck lunches, but found that it was adding stress due to trying to find things that everyone could enjoy (we have ladies who have celiac disease as well as other food allergies and sensitivities). People may come for the entire day (9 - 3) or whatever time in that span that works for them. It's great fun to sew, chat and see what others are working on.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Our guild has 4 "quilt camps" per year. Each camp is 4 days, Mon.-Thu from 9-5. We can leave our machines and materials set up and attend as many days as we want. We eat lunch together and have a great time. We have recently started having some weekend camps for those that work during the week. We are lucky to have a facility that is large enough and secure enough to be able to leave our things overnight.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:35 PM

Our guild has a "Friendship Sew" once a month. I usually attend. It varies as to who comes and what is done. I like the small group and getting to know one another better. Our regular guild meetings have around 60 in attendance and it's hard to connect with that many people there. Friendship Sew usually has around 15.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:33 PM

my guild tries to have a workshop or class about once a month. We also have sew days about every quarter that are geared for our community service projects or making boutique items for the show we hope annually. We also have 2 retreats each year where we go to a nearby conference facility and sew for days!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:37 PM

I don't belong to a guild but 2 quilt shops in my area have sew days once a month on a Saturday
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Our March meeting is dedicated to all-day charity sewing, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., come when you can.
(Busy Bee Quilters, Snohomish, WA)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:43 AM

Default Quilt Camp for youth

Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
Our guild meets once a month rom 10-2 and we always sew. Most times we work on something new that someone presents and sometimes we just sew on whatever we want. We also have a quilt camp for youth in July that lasts 3 days.
How nice that your guild sponsors a quilt camp for youth. 2 questions for you please:

Do you specify what ages are allowed to sign up?
Also, does the camp have a parental form to be signed?

Thank you for the wonderful idea!
Old 03-04-2017, 04:39 AM

Our guild meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month for Sew-in day. Sometimes we have one of our guild members teach a class. Usually we work on Comfort quilts.