Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your guild have a Sew Day? >

Does your guild have a Sew Day?

Does your guild have a Sew Day?

Old 03-04-2017, 05:39 AM

My guild has a sew day the 1st Monday of the month from 9-12. We work on Linus quilts or our own projects. It is fun to sew and visit with other members.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:43 AM

Our group (not a guild and not a club) meets once a month and everyone brings their sewing machine or other hand sewing project or knitting or whatever. We only have a discussion meeting when it's near our quilt show. The library gathering space is open at 4:00 and people come as they like. About 6:30 we have show-and-tell and any other important messages. Then we can stay as long as we like. One of our ladies went home at 5:00 in the morning and met her husband going to work.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:31 AM

My guild meets once a month from 10am to 2pm. We can sew on any project we choose. I went yesterday. We had a blast. We talked about the same issues we have here. We can come and go as we wish. We bring sack lunches. I just eat prior to going. It' a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:50 PM

We have several UFO days a month usually from 8:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 PM

I have been visiting several guilds here in midcoast Maine and most have Sit and Sew days once a month, some have them weekly...
Old 03-04-2017, 07:21 PM

My guild has a "work day" every Tuesday - people bring whatever project they want to work on and many of us go to visit and for the show and tell. We have Project Warmth work days for charity quilts, and various interest groups that meet periodically. We also have days for SOYO (sew on your own) It is a very active group and fun to be in.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Once a year my guild hosts "Quilt 'til You Wilt" for around 100 quilters. Starts at 6 AM and ends at midnight...if anyone can last that long. Every hour there is a demonstration, game or something special. Everyone brings a dish to share for lunch and all leftovers are used for dinner. Fun time. When I was in Florida I met weekly with a small bee group from 10-3...we worked on our own projects as well as doing some together and going out for lunch was always on the agenda. Loved that as they were the only ones I knew there as I was house/pet sitting for my deployed daughter.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:18 PM

My guild meets on the Saturday following out monthly meeting. We meet in a large open room at the local library easily fit 12 - 18 gals and machines. A wonderful place to layer quits. Lots of tables, so less crawling on the floor!
I look forward to it because of the getting together but when you are dedicated to one days project you see to get more done. No phone, kiddos, refrigerator, or other distractions. Sewing from 10 - 4:30 generally lets us all get a lot done. Some just cut, others piece, others quilt and others bring other projects along that they want to get finished. All in all a wonderful day.