Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doesn't this seem like a lot?

I already bought a Civil War repro set of 31 FQs for it. I cut all of the strips for strip piecing and I have 1/3 of it sewn into blocks. The other 1/3 stays as single strips and I am cutting the last 24 pieced strips into sections to sew into blocks. I think there is going to be a lot left over actually. I have gone over and over it, started laying them out on a bed, and I can't figure out why there seems to be so much left when I am using 1 less FQ than the pattern calls for.

I will see in the next day or so when I get the strips cut. I starting cutting just two sections off each strip when I saw it was too much.. The first 10 stips I did made 5 sections EACH and there are only 42 sections of that part in the whole quilt!

I just might be making another small one for my grandson. I'll post a pic of it laid out before sewing.

The blocks are done and ready to sew together. It called for 32 FQs, I used 31 different fabrics (31 FQs) and I do have leftovers. Enough to make a baby quilt for my grandson, maybe add a little bit more fabric. :D

The leftovers cover my ironing board 3 time plus I have nine 6 1/2" squares left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh that is turning out so pretty. I love the colors.

I love the quilt and the colors. I really like brown and blue together.
    hope you don't feel like you have too many leftovers, I think you'll find then very usefull.

peel

Blog Entries
    Me likey!

The quilt top is beautiful...it looks like an authentic Civil War quilt. The fabrics and colors you chose helped you achieve that look. It will be a wonderful quilt when you get it finished...definately something to be proud of no matter how much fabric it needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2