Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Doing it right. >

Doing it right.

Doing it right.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm sure you could stick 20 of us in a room and give us the same project and we'd come up with 20 different routes to get there.

Really don't think there's a right way/wrong way or even an easier way over another. Thinks it's YOUR preferred method. It makes sense to you and it's easy for you to do.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kara
I'm sure you could stick 20 of us in a room and give us the same project and we'd come up with 20 different routes to get there.

Really don't think there's a right way/wrong way or even an easier way over another. Thinks it's YOUR preferred method. It makes sense to you and it's easy for you to do.
I think that is called created--activity..!!!! We each have an idea and that makes items unique.
I have seen people in this group GROW with the help of others. And look at all the ideas that come up when one of us hits a bump in our project.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:49 AM

I agree. Every quilt I've made is a learning process and I've learned with each and every one. I don't worry too much about the little "boo, boos" that we all make but just focus on enjoying the process and learning experience!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM

I was told by a gifted art teacher
"There are no mistakes in art , only opportunites to show YOUR creativity"
I have to remind myself that with quilting......I am NOT happy with my first block but David thinks its awesome.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MsSage
I was told by a gifted art teacher
"There are no mistakes in art , only opportunites to show YOUR creativity"
I have to remind myself that with quilting......
I like this. Think we all need to keep that in mind.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 AM

I agree. I am finally coming to the conclusion that I don't have to keep ripping to get the "perfect" block. The guest speaker at our guild meeting said their is no such thing as a "perfect" quilt. So as long as I like it and am satisfied that's all that matters.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 AM

I agree 100%, one of the quilts I'm making for Christmas I didn't cut the fabric quite right for the block I was making, so I sewed it together anyway, and then cut it down a bit, and while it's different from the "original block" I think it's more beautiful for my "hidden" flubs. Completely one of a a kind. ;)

I'm not entering it in a contest or anything like that, and the person to whom I'm giving it doesn't know anything about quilts. The sewing part is all good straight seams, everything is sewn in well, but I left the pattern in the dust. :)

When I started working on it, I kept telling myself "I'm not perfect and this is proof, that I don't pretend otherwise", but you can't tell that from the quilt... [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...lyboflismy.jpg[/img] [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...bosideflim.jpg[/img]
Old 11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

Pretty quilt.

My mom - who was a very wise woman - and I miss her - too bad we only start appreciating people like her when we are older -

said: "Perfection is impossible. Excellence is possible."

Had another person I worked with that said: "Sometimes 'good enough' IS
good enough"

Sometimes the clay pot is much more useful than the big fancy imported antique enameled vase.