Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dolly Days BOM >

Dolly Days BOM

Dolly Days BOM

Old 04-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Is anyone doing the Dolly Days BOM from Stitchin Heaven Quilt SHop in Texas, or has anyone done t on their own. I just received my packet and want to get started. Wondering what type of applique you used on it?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Hi there...I've started late on this project (mailing issues to Australia which the lovely ladies at the shop are working on). I'm planning on doing needle turn. Have just received the fabrics for Blocks # 3 & 4, but the first two blocks are lost in transit. Do you get the pattern and backing fabrics with the first mailout? I hope that you are enjoying the quilt so far. I will post some photos as I go.
Cheers from Australia
Old 06-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Yes I got the book and block 1&2 and background fabrics if I remember right. I was going to do my applique with interfacing, but some of the pieces are so small, it may be hard to do.I have not really had time to work on this yet, but I may do mine with machine applique or blanket stitch. Keep me posted. I probably won't get started for awhile.Maybe I can take it with me when we go to the lake camping for a week. I really want to get going on this, but I also do machine quilting as a business and have been quite busy right now. Talk to you soon. Good luck. Are you getting yours from Stitchin Heaven in Texas?

Originally Posted by patchesquilting
Hi there...I've started late on this project (mailing issues to Australia which the lovely ladies at the shop are working on). I'm planning on doing needle turn. Have just received the fabrics for Blocks # 3 & 4, but the first two blocks are lost in transit. Do you get the pattern and backing fabrics with the first mailout? I hope that you are enjoying the quilt so far. I will post some photos as I go.
Cheers from Australia
Old 06-05-2011, 10:28 PM

Yes, I'm getting mine through Stitchin' Heaven in Texas. Now that you've told me that there are fiddly bits, I'll definitely go the needle turn option even though it is not my fav technique. Like you, I prefer slightly quicker means to an end.
I fell in love with this quilt as it took me back to my childhood...and I'm not planning on growing up too soon lol
If you do it by hand, it will be a bit easier to take on holidays with you. Good luck with it.
Cheers
Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 AM

I did needle turn applique for my Dolly Days. All blocks are done but not totally put together yet. I didn't do BOM; I got the book and took off on my own. Fun to do.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 AM

Have finally got myself organised and have completed two outfits in the last three days. I'm using the applique technique in the book with the starch & I love it. Was a bit fiddly at first, but now I'm finding it faster than other techniques.
So cute....may have to make myself the dress-up version (or maybe I'll grow up lol)
Cold & wet in my part of the planet, so perfect sewing weather.
Cheers to all