Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dontcha just hate it when...

Blog Entries
    Or when you get your patterns laid out perfectly and your cat walks across it rumpling everything and then decides to take a nap right in the middle of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda B
    Or when the bobbin runs out of thread and you are just a few inches from being finished.
    or when you only stitch a few inches, and it runs out and you don't realize it until the end of the long line of non-stitching

Power Poster
    the phone rings just when you've ALMOST figured out what to do - - -

How about when you are using your embroidery machine and don't notice the thread has wrapped around the wheel and you have lost a whole spool of thread you paid 7 dollars for and it takes you an hour to get it all out of the wheel and your husband keeps wanting you explain how could that happen.

or sewing merrily along and out of bobbin thread!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM
    wish there was some kind of alarm that would go off when the bobbin runs out of thread!

When I am machine quilting do a whole bunch and realize I forgot to put the pressure foot down. A afternoon spent unquilting.

Blog Entries
    But they DO have one! I turn mine off though because it beeps at me too early. I like to use every last inch...so I typically sew for miles until I finally realize that its gone..:roll:

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM
    wish there was some kind of alarm that would go off when the bobbin runs out of thread!

well i learned a long time ago, if you drop a spool or bobbin, throw down the end! the longer you hold it the more it's going to unwind! as far as that empty bobbin , I just got my treadle going last week and was happy to be in the living room sewing up a storm and my husband said" why are the falling apart when they hit the floor?"

I hate it when...I finally get organized and set to sew, then the phone rings!! Hate It, Hate It, Hate It!

Anytime is a good time for chocolate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
    Don't you just hate it when you are trying to insert the bobbin in the machine and it flips out of your fingers and rolls to some inaccessible place leaving you holding about 6 yards of unwound thread? Time for chocolate...

Blog Entries
    All of these things have happened to me at one point or another!!! My machine has a bobbin empty alert, but I have been known to ignore it and sew forever before I finally realize I've been running on empty! :roll:

i hate that because my puppy will pick it up and take off running with it so i have to untangle it from the legs of the table and chairs in the sewing room

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    I'm glad you ladies and some gents are getting a kick out of having a chuckle at our own expense. We are all paddling merrily along in one great, big, leaky boat. I've always found when things get annoying or overwhelming that it helps to put them into perspective somehow and have a laugh (or pet that danged cat). We are so fortunate to quilt for fun. Think of the previous generations who had to quilt or die, and for whom the loss of a needle truly could be a tragedy. Gosh, they would sew entire quilts with the thread tails and tangles we clip off and toss.

Blog Entries
    Or when the puppy picks it up before you can get it and runs away with it, not only unwinding it but slobbering all over it. Add the worry that if she eats thread it could really make her sick. Ugh!

e4
    Or when you make a mistake, unsew it, and then proceed to make the same mistake again. Argh!!!

I am laughing and crying at the same time! I've done all these things many, many times! But sewing something wrong, ripping it out and sewing it wrong again! I can't count the number of times I've done that! Try making 8 cheerleading uniforms with 18 tricolor pleats!
    What a job that was. In fact, I spent all the money I made on my first Pfaff, a 1471!

Bahahaha! This is hilarious - and most of this stuff happens to me all the time.

Stitch and B**** made me laugh my butt off...

bearisgrey - yep just about have it figured out when that phone rings and then when you can get back to it, you've forgotten what you figured.

My Viking has a low bobbin alarm, it stops and won't let me sew any more until I change it.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Or when the bobbin runs out of thread and you are just a few inches from being finished.
    This always happens to me. I wish they would put an alarm in the machine to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    well i learned a long time ago, if you drop a spool or bobbin, throw down the end! the longer you hold it the more it's going to unwind! as far as that empty bobbin , I just got my treadle going last week and was happy to be in the living room sewing up a storm and my husband said" why are the falling apart when they hit the floor?"
    I sewed a whole line of 9 patch rows just like that. I had sewn some of them wrong, but it was okay it was only practice apparently. :lol: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Oh how I can relate to this one :roll:

you get all set up and ready for some free time to sew, you just get sat down and start sewing and your dh calls you? or the doorbell rings

Blog Entries
    or the cat pukes...

I have discovered the best way to take care of bird's nest's is a pair of barber shears. They nicely clip the threads without tearing a whole in the cloth.

By the way, I've done all of the above. Love this thread...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast