Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Double Posts

Banned
    What is up with everyone's posts appearing twice? Mine are only showing up once and I'm starting to get a complex over it!

Blog Entries
    I have to be really careful and wait a loooooong time or mine will double post.

Blog Entries
    Since the maintenance on Tuesday I have to sit and wait for computer to do whatever I am asking it to do. If not, dbl postings, etc. Before Tuesday, my computer was fast and never had to wait for qb to "catch up" with me. I have notice some posting 3-4 times about same subject. Assuming same thing happening to them.

Guilty!! Especially if you use the Quick Reply box...it's really slow. I think it didn't work & hit send again.

We have been inundated with double posts. There are a couple of issues with the board. We moderators are trying to clean them up a little if we can. Please just be patient!

I just deleted one of a double post and now I can't find the other. I hope that I did not delete both by accident!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Since maintenance was carried out, the board has become so
    s l o w

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    We have been inundated with double posts. There are a couple of issues with the board. We moderators are trying to clean them up a little if we can. Please just be patient!

I just deleted one of a double post and now I can't find the other. I hope that I did not delete both by accident!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
    8-) 8-)

Happened to me till i realised, posts do take a bit of time to download and it is really easy to click twice on it....i haven`t posted twice since...

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    You're so funny!!! :D:D:D:D:D

On our thread 3's a charm, they are posting 6 times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Since maintenance was carried out, the board has become so
    s l o w
    Yes but at least the QB is STILL HERE!

We'll have to adapt - right!

Blog Entries

No Complaining! It will all be fine in the end! I just feel bad for all of the work you guys have to do to try to keep up with it.

Banned

Hey Gayle...nothing against the moderators - really! Ya'll do a great job....I was just feeling left out because none of my posts appear twice and everyone elses do! Thought maybe they were getting special treatment :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not had any double posts either, so you are not alone.

I have had to wait longer for them to load, but I am patient, sometimes.

My problem is to get the message to send. I usually have to re-enter using Ctrl+Enter instead of the send button.

Quote Originally Posted by pamkasperi
    What is up with everyone's posts appearing twice? Mine are only showing up once and I'm starting to get a complex over it!
    It probably has a lot to do with the speed the site is running at now. I figure it's running at maybe 20-25% of the speed we had before the "maintenance". I've been tempted to hit "send" again when nothing happens the first time, for like 15 seconds. If they ever get this site back up to speed again, I'm sure the multiple postings will disappear. People just aren't used to the long delays...

Blog Entries
    Truth is, our addiction makes us anxious and impatient!! :)

Sometimes I get a little impatient when they don't load as fast as the speed of light, and I hit send again. Oops, it makes a double. Patience, Sara, patience!

I think the Board will work out the kinks.

Blog Entries
    I think a lot of people are doing the same thing as I did. I didn't realize at first that lately it takes a long time for a post to go through and I thought I had not clicked the send button correctly so I did it again and ended up with a double post.

Quote Originally Posted by pamkasperi

I haven't been on since the changeover but am having no problems this morning at all. Everything is working the way it always did for me....wonder if there are some gremlins out creating those problems for people. :wink:

Sorry it happens to me all the time. The button on my computer double clicks sometimes. When I try to go back I'll go back 2 pages or when I delete mail I'll delete 2 posts then I have to go retrieve the extra one from the deleted mail file.Sorry.

Blog Entries
    I found out also that I was too impatient and kept cliking and had a post for every click.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    My problem is to get the message to send. I usually have to re-enter using Ctrl+Enter instead of the send button.
    Sometimes I can't even get to the "reply" button. I am not complaining, though, because I have been doing other things while I wait. Even got my desk in front of the computer sorta cleaned off. Note "sorta".

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I have to be really careful and wait a loooooong time or mine will double post.
    Ditto! I only click send once and wait...I did once or twice hit send again, and it posted double. Sorry for that. Now I just hit is once and wait. It will post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast