Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double wedding ring advice >

Double wedding ring advice

Double wedding ring advice

Old 02-24-2020, 04:31 AM

There are lots of stencils available for the double wedding ring.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:24 AM

I would try it first and then see what it looks and feels like. I did an applique quilt a while back that after I was done with it, I wasn't happy in the slightest because I thought my top-stitching was good when in fact, it wasn't that good at all.

I've got a DWR in my future for my younger sister and I won't be using applique to do it, I just don't want to torture myself like that again and I want this to be a quilt that I'll be able to show later. I'm jealous of anyone that can afford Quilting From the Heartland's templates, they are just too far out of my budget so I'm using a different template set that also has the larger melon piece so I can do a diamond double wedding ring for my niece. I just can't justify spending almost $70 for Shar's templates when the ones I'm getting are only $30 and they have the same pieces, including the larger melon for different patterns. I'll use her technique, though.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:19 AM

Red face double wedding ring

I have one partially done using Edyta Sitars pattern and templates. So far I have done the arcs but am frozen in place now. I would love to know how others have done with theses templates, anyone?
One day soon I will get it back out and work on the next step.