Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double wedding ring quilt? >

Double wedding ring quilt?

Double wedding ring quilt?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:11 PM

As soon as I get the fabric from my sister, I'm using Judy Niemar's (sp?) method. Her wedding is Jan 2015 and it's the only kind of quilt she's ever wanted.

This will be my first foray into paper piecing. Thankfully, I'm going to have LOTS of help from my quilting group to get this started, and done.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:19 PM

I saw someplace that there was an iron on interfacing type foundation pattern for the DWR. When I saw it, I remembered a woman I had worked with a few years ago had made one. It looked really nice, and she said it was easy. Can't remember the name of the company that makes the foundation paper pattern, but they make other foundation patterns besides the DWR. It really isn't paper but the "cloth" used in interfacing.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 PM

I just posted a tutorial here on the board in the tutorial section on how I did my Fake DWR ! lots of pictures and hopefully easy to follow as well !
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the great tips, will be checking out the pictures and videos. What a great group of ladies, always there to help!!! Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 AM

I made the dwr with the solid color rings. The only problem was getting the correct color corner arcs and making sure you overlap consistantly. Turned out real well though being my first.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:49 PM

I have no suggestions as this is too advanced for me to fathom but I do love the DWR. I hope you will let us know what you did and show photos along the way. Good luck; I am sure that no matter what method/style you use it will turn out fabulous because of all the love and thought that is going into it.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

i want to try the embroidery machine styles by Katiedid2 http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t238746.html
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SlightlyOffQuilter View Post
I just posted a tutorial here on the board in the tutorial section on how I did my Fake DWR ! lots of pictures and hopefully easy to follow as well !
oh, this looks pretty good! may have to try this too! http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t240463.html
Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
May I ask which paper piecing method are you using?
Thanks
I downloaded the free pattern from www.freespiritfabric.com. It has really good instructions on how to paper piece the DWR. I also viewed a view tutorials on youtube on how to make a DWR...like 3 times each before I took a stab at it. Then I made a trial piece from scraps. It was a lot easier than I expected so that's when I decided to make a quilt using this method. So far, so good, and like I said before, I really love using paper piece method...it's a lot more efficient.

Kim
Old 02-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Look into something called Quilt Smart. I haven't tried it but know many who have and liked this method. Give it a try. I made one years ago with templates, it was a pain but I love the quilt. Good luck!