Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
double wedding ring tote bag >

double wedding ring tote bag

double wedding ring tote bag

Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM

Default double wedding ring tote bag

There is a really cute tote bag made out of the double wedding ring pattern on pinterest. If you go to pinterest and type in quilted wedding ring tote bag you will see it. The problem is the description is in Chinese, I think. Does anyone know where I could find a pattern similar to this (if you can find the photo). I know it is against the rules for me to post the photo of it on this board.
Thanks.
MA
Old 02-18-2015, 07:04 PM

If you are talking about the cute pink and green one it doesn't look too difficult. The rings should all join together in the round and the bottom is boxed.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 PM

I've seen it and love it and would love to hear how it is put together. It is a gorgeous bag!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:21 PM

I started writing how I would put the bag together but lost my text after looking at the picture again on my iPad !
Use a 12" wedding ring template to cut out the fabric. sew four rings together in a row with out one melon on one of the side rings. Cut another center out and cut it in quarters. Sew a quarter to the bottom of each ring. Quilt the whole thing leaving an unquilted space 1/2" from the sides and bottom edges. Trim batting to back to the quilted edge. Sew the open side of the row to the melon ring on the opposite side. Turn bag inside out and sew the bottom quarters together to form a boxed bottom. Leave the backing out when sewing the rings and bottom together. Then hand stich the backing down.

I would put put in a lining and then bind it and add the handles.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 AM

Love that bag! This gal has published other books on bags and totes and all her books are in her native language but the diagrams are very helpful and there are the actual patterns in the books. She is very creative in her bag making. I really like the soft colors she uses too. Bet you could find the book on Amazon if you knew the title.

Here is a link that will take you to a slide show of the book. If you click on any of the pics, they will go full screen. No patterns but there are diagrams. The bag you are looking at is close to the end of the slideshow.
accessories.gallery.ru/watch?a=bmdP-fiz&subpanel=film
Hope this works.