Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A doubleknit quilt >

A doubleknit quilt

A doubleknit quilt

Old 11-05-2010, 05:44 AM

I have a poly knit one i made and tied when i first started quilting, as soon as it starts getting chilly i dig it out. It is the warmest quilt to snuggle under.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 AM

I made a doubleknit quilt back in the 70s. I did a log cabin in the "flip&sew" method. QAYG type. It isn't all that pretty, but it sure does keep you warm. (use it in our unheated cabin) It was easy to work with. I did a lot of doubleknit clothing back then, so had lots of scraps. Would do it again.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM

I have a double knit one from my grandmother, made from old clothing from the 70's. It is still my favorite quilt, because it is so warm and virtually indestructible. It is simple squares in an Around the World pattern. Love it!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 PM

I made 2 and have another one pieced and ready to sew. The first one I used a sheet blanket as backing and tied it with yarn. the 2nd one I use a sheet as backing and stiched in the ditch. I made these in the 70's and have had the 3rd one waiting since then.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:18 PM

My grandmother made quilts from double-knits. They were pretty but heavy and so warm. If you had more than one quilt on the bed, it was all you could do to just turn over. LOL!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I have never made one with knit, we did have some big pieces we sewed together to make a quilt for the garden on those frosty nights. Works great, doesn't blow away like plastic.