Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Drean Puff Bearding >

Drean Puff Bearding

Drean Puff Bearding

Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Default Drean Puff Bearding

Has anyone had problems with "Quilters Dream Puff" batting bearding? I just had a quilt done with this batting by mistake. I can live with it if it doesn't beard. If its going to beard then I would rather redo it now then be disappointed later.
Thanks for any and all input
bobbiejean313
Old 12-07-2014, 08:07 AM

Nope, sorry, I've never used it. Why do you think it will beard?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Because it looks and feels like the wool batting I use to use and it bearded very bad. Could just be running scared but needed to ask.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I would find their 800 number and give them a call. They have an excellent customer service staff.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I found this thread on QD Puff batting:
http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/top...rs-dream-puff/

The manufacturing of batting has come a long ways in the last decade or two. It was recommended for the old-time wool battings that you completely encase the wool batting in cheesecloth before layering, to cut down on bearding. Hobbs wool batting and Quilter's Dream wool batting are now much more stable and highly unlikely to beard -- because they are manufactured with new processes. The same holds true for high quality polyester battings such as those from Hobbs and QD -- thermal bonding and other manufacturing processes have made them much less likely to beard.

Personally, I would think you are okay with the QD Puff -- especially if it was longarmed and you do not see any batting being pulled through the needle holes. There are never any guarantees, though.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I found this thread on QD Puff batting:
http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?/top...rs-dream-puff/

The manufacturing of batting has come a long ways in the last decade or two. It was recommended for the old-time wool battings that you completely encase the wool batting in cheesecloth before layering, to cut down on bearding. Hobbs wool batting and Quilter's Dream wool batting are now much more stable and highly unlikely to beard -- because they are manufactured with new processes. The same holds true for high quality polyester battings such as those from Hobbs and QD -- thermal bonding and other manufacturing processes have made them much less likely to beard.

Personally, I would think you are okay with the QD Puff -- especially if it was longarmed and you do not see any batting being pulled through the needle holes. There are never any guarantees, though.
Thank...I will check the link.