Dresden Plate Center-How Not To Make Them >

Dresden Plate Center-How Not To Make Them

Dresden Plate Center-How Not To Make Them

Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM

DH gets angry @ me for not reading instructions
YOU are NOT Alone!!!! hehe
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Oh my goodness! Are we related???? That is exactly the kind of thing I do!!!! So great you can laugh at yourself. Where is a pic of this dresden plate quilt???
Will post a picture. It really is turning out nicely. Thanks for laughing with me.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Yup...I had a tub of yo yo's and they recently became the ctr for my Dresden's...SEW SIMPLE
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

I have to laugh at myself, if only to drown out the sound of everyone else laughing at me. At least you did read the directions, just a little late.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Yup...I had a tub of yo yo's and they recently became the ctr for my Dresden's...SEW SIMPLE
Yes, I really like that method for the centers. There is a terrific tutorial at the Missouri Quilt Co on making Dresdens and the way she did it was very cool. So right now I'm on a Dresden kick. Sometimes I am like a little kid and get stuck on one thing until the novelty wears off.

A tub of yo yos? Fantastic, they are so handy for so many crafts.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Laughing with you also. How many times have you put a block together and noticed--as you are patting yourselt on the back--that one piece is wrong side up? Been there done that too. Sister Quilter.
Sue
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 AM

I have all the sizes of the yoyo makers....they are great...but because I don't use them on a daily basis, I have to read the directions "carefully". Now, clover has made the same idea for making different size flowers, have those too and they are fun, fun, fun.......cute to add to things........
BTW I have made several Dresden Plates and have never used a yoyo for the center, just appliqued down a circle....When you use the yoyo as center, do you have to tack down around the edges, I am guessing you do, but thought I would ask.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
I have all the sizes of the yoyo makers....they are great...but because I don't use them on a daily basis, I have to read the directions "carefully". Now, clover has made the same idea for making different size flowers, have those too and they are fun, fun, fun.......cute to add to things........
BTW I have made several Dresden Plates and have never used a yoyo for the center, just appliqued down a circle....When you use the yoyo as center, do you have to tack down around the edges, I am guessing you do, but thought I would ask.
Yes you do, but using the yo yo technique I like that I have the edge already turned under for me so I just press, pin and tack. Until I watched that tutorial on Missouri Quilt Co I used just a circle as the patterns call for, but this lady made it look sooooooo easy I just had to try it. Usually I watch the tutorial videos and they make everything look so easy and then I try to do the same thing and whoa Nelly. This was one time when it really was a great hint and explained so clearly even I understood.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
Laughing with you also. How many times have you put a block together and noticed--as you are patting yourselt on the back--that one piece is wrong side up? Been there done that too. Sister Quilter.
Sue
OMG yes. The very first set of quilted pot holders I made I was so proud of myself as they looked so cute. Then I looked on my cutting table and wondered why I had an extra piece of batting. My seam ripper is my best friend. If I ever lose my sense of humor I'm going to be in big trouble.