Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dritz basting gun >

dritz basting gun

dritz basting gun

Old 10-28-2010, 09:50 AM

hi all,i have lost the directions on how to insert new"pins" in the gun ! i did like it the one time i used it,much easier on my "poor" hands !i 've been using the basting spray,do like it but messy,& like to tack it occasionally.does anyone have this gun,& if so ,i'd really appreciate it if you could p m me the instructions on how to load it !
thank you in advance,dar
Old 10-28-2010, 10:38 AM

Not sure if this helps or not:

Instructions:
Always test the gun on the same fabric and number of layers as your project to be sure the needle will not damage fabric. 1. Remove white protective needle cap. (When not in use, replace protective cap.) 2. INSERT TACKS- Line up sturdy "T" side of strip with opening in gun. Insert either end of tack strip into slot on top of gun until it clicks. 3. Use Basting Gun - Place one hand under quilt and insert needle through all layers between two fingers. Make sure nose of gun is firmly against fabric. Press trigger to insert tacks. Release trigger completely and withdraw the needle. (Tack must be fully inserted before removing needle from fabric) Tack-baste along one side of quilt placing tacks about 3-4 inches apart. Then Continue to tack-baste from that side towards the opposite side, rolling quilt as you tack. Keep layers smooth and flat. Or, use the Quilter's Basting Grate with the Quilter's Basting Gun for faster, easier basting. 4. To remove tack strip from gun, push white release button and pull tack strip out. The Quilter's Basting Gun can also be used for tagging hand-made items, craft projects, window treatments and home decor. For best results, always use the Quilter's Replacement Needles and Tacks designed especially for the Quilter's Basting Gun. Use the Quilter's Basting Gun with the Quilter's Basting Grate. The gridded board slips under the quilt and eliminates the need to put your hand under the quilt. WARRANTY: The Quilter's Basting Gun is guaranteed free of defects in workmanship for two years from date of purchase. Receipts must be retained as proof of purchase. For repairs, return gun with receipt and $3.00 for shipping and handling to the address at right.

This is from: http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase...?ITEM_NUM=C506

oops, I will send a PM as well.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:05 PM

Does anybody have a picture of the instructions for how to change the needle? My needle keeps falling out when I use this. I used it just fine before Christmas. I have basted many quilts with this same tacking gun. So frustrated right now. Thank you for any help you can give. I didn't save the packaging when I opened this several years ago.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:05 PM

I bought a " grid" from big box Home Depot.......a ceiling panel for dropped ceilings......