Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dritz Basting Spray - How to remove? >

Dritz Basting Spray - How to remove?

Dritz Basting Spray - How to remove?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:23 AM

Thank you, quiltingshorttimer! Yes, that's actually how I ended up with spray on my hands in the first place, lol. I was trying to re-stickify my mat after washing. I'm using Wonder Under which is paper backed, but possibly because it's a couple years old now, the paper backing is coming loose after I fuse it on? It did it some when it was new too, so I'm unsure if that's the cause, but I'm removing the paper when it's loose on some of the pieces because I read that gives terrible cuts if it's loose.

I'm also finding that if I spray with 100% starch (undiluted StayFlo) before fusing, it gets the stiffened texture that the recommended Terial Magic spray gives. I figured I'd try the starch first before spending big bucks on the Terial since I already have the starch and it's working great if I cut the starched and fused fabric but fabric side down. I've been using the cotton canvas setting since with the fusible, I don't get a perfectly clean cut on the thin cotton setting.

I suspect if you use something wonderful like MistyFuse, you could do the same thing! Cut fabric side down Webbing side down leads to a world of pain. I admit I haven't tried cutting anything without the heavy starch. I like to go for overkill first for success at the start instead of frustration at the start!