Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dritz Basting Spray

Blog Entries

wrinkles and waves in quilt top

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i just saw on an episode of a quilting show on the Create channel [can't remember which one, but it was very recent]... do not spray baste on the scrim side of any batting that has a scrim... it causes the fabric to have waves/wrinkles.
    I think this may have been the problem. I am researching as we speak. I had to start over with the quilt and now I have lots of material to test on.
    Thanks for the response
    Jane

I can't use spray basting either, also because of asthma (which for some reason is much worse this year than in past years). That's one reason I stick to pin basting, or hand basting. Asthma attacks (or incidents) can be deadly, and I'm not about to take that risk. I wish I could help you on this issue, but I really cannot. I hope you find a solution to your problem. I use a high quality 100% poly batting, so the spray basting is not an option.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

i just saw on an episode of a quilting show on the Create channel [can't remember which one, but it was very recent]... do not spray baste on the scrim side of any batting that has a scrim... it causes the fabric to have waves/wrinkles.
    Perhaps I'm brain dead this afternoon, but eventually, both sides of the batting have to be basted. First your quilt top, then your batting, then the backing. How can you avoid spraying the scrim side, since the batting is in the center? As I said, I may be brain dead!

Me too. I will look at Whalemart the next time I'm in to see if they carry it. Joann's is an hour away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2