Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Drunkard's Path Angel ornament

Drunkard's Path Angel ornament

A few years ago, I saw a cute tree ornament made with the Drunkard's Path block(s) to make an angel. Does anyone have a picture/instructions for this?

I did not see the ornament but here is a Drunkard's Path block that I made that resembles a bird or an angel. If you sketch it out, it will make sense. All the path's are the same direction and the circle is appliqued on for the head. Three pieces have a dark pie and light crust, the top right is opposite with a light pie and a dark crust. Name:  IMG_1164.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  129.1 KB

Blog Entries
    that's very pretty. i could not picture one in my mind when i first read the thread
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    ............... All the path's are the same direction and the circle is appliqued on for the head. Three pieces have a dark pie and light crust, the top right is opposite with a light pie and a dark crust.
    I have never heard the use of 'pie' and 'crust' to describe the parts of this block. Just perfect!

toverly, that's really pretty. I haven't seen one like it before.

Thanks y'all, I have no idea where I saw this pattern. I have been wanting to make it again in Christmas fabrics with the blocks on point to resemble angels. One of these days.....

Blog Entries
    just saw some cute ones made with circles for the bodies. at quiltingbookspatterns and notions. called World Angels christmas Ornaments.

That is really unique, Toverly. I really like this pattern. Beautiful quilt... DP's are so fun to create with.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html