Power Poster

never heard of it, but here's the link
http://www.craftwellusa.com/products/ebosser
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM

Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-vmZfOgHco

Has a price point of $199 retail, $129 wholesale
Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

It works with Accuquilt dies that I have but I still don't understand the embossing part for fabric.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 AM

I didn't view the videos because I'm not interested, but the only time I have embossed fabric was embossing roses on velour. You used a craft stamp and a hot iron. A touch tricky to imprint the rose and not melt the rubber stamp, but it worked. The machine may a have a feature like that.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM

I have a sizzix machine and tons of dies that I use for scrapbooking and a Cricket that I have used to cut shapes out in fabric for applique so I don't think this is something I would really care to spend that kind of money on. Looks like it would do the same thing as my Sizzix only with electric instead of muscle power..
Old 09-13-2012, 04:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at go and studio cutters, then I saw this. I will wait awhile to see how popluar it becomes.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I watched a demo of this machine on a tv craft show and why they are featuring the embossing part I don't know. If you have trouble manually turning a die cut machine this machine will use the dies for many brands of dies and auto feed the die through the machine. All you need to buy is the dies you want to use with the machine or use what you have. If you want to emboss paper and have a manual embosser this will replace it. For the price it's cheap for die cut self feed machine that will use all brands of dies.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM

Default e-bosser can't wait for it to arrive

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I watched a demo of this machine on a tv craft show and why they are featuring the embossing part I don't know. If you have trouble manually turning a die cut machine this machine will use the dies for many brands of dies and auto feed the die through the machine. All you need to buy is the dies you want to use with the machine or use what you have. If you want to emboss paper and have a manual embosser this will replace it. For the price it's cheap for die cut self feed machine that will use all brands of dies.
Hi I attended a workshop where the e-bosser was used and I was very impressed. It uses all the dies like sizzix, spellbinders, cuttlebug to both cut and emboss, and when the sandwich was too thick rejected the sandwich. No holding the machine while trying to wind with the other hand. I can see great uses for the ebosser for cutting quilt dies in fabric if they are not more than 8.5 inches wide. The hype that comes out with the machine quotes accuquilt dies. I note that the US version does not come with the rubber mat but other places internationally do. To launch they are launching as a bundlewith the rubber mat and a folder, but I would have assumed that all the plates would have come with it anyway. The advantage of this machine is that it does use the embossing and m-bossing folders that are up to 8inches wide making it a lot easier to emboss card that has been cut into larger images such as cutting with the cameo, cricut eclips or e-craft. I have cut little bags and purses on the cricut and eclips and find I have to put them through the grand calibur to emboss them. I am looking forward to this machine. I believe it has been shipped to retailers in recent weeks.
hope this gives a bit more idea on the machine. I think these people have done their homework it appears very easy to use and cut and embossed well.
the US price of $199 is awesome as our price here in New Zealand is $399 and even with the exchange rate that is almost double what you are paying. I wish I could import it for the $129 someone quoted for the wholesale price.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:09 AM

I like that you can use a variety of die brands