Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EBooks

Question EBooks

I was searching the net for some information on edge to edge machine quilting and I came across this site. I have seen it before and it seems as though it has some interesting free ebooks, BUT, they require credit card information. I am providing the link: http://www.gobookee.net/ because I am wondering if any other members have used this site. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering also, I came across this site a few days ago.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Blog Entries
    I've not had personal experience with the site. Like you, whenever I follow a link and wind up there asking for a credit card, I cancel out. I did a bit of research and the reviews I saw did not look good.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

When I do sites like this - I purchase and use a prepaid Visa or Mastercard. I never put my card out there like this, that I use regularly.

I have not used this site - but now look it over. I have a few ebooks for knitting but none for quilting. Somehow I have a hard time with ebooks on crafts - I like to thumb back and forth between pages and find for myself it is not as gratifying using the tablet - lol!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

I would be very hesitant to give my information for a free pattern. I came across this site when I was looking for the labyrinth walk quilt pattern, and my question was - if it's free, why need the info, and how could they give this pattern away for free if it was new and copyrighted? I got out of there and have never gone back. Just didn't feel right.

I would be afraid of that one.

Thanks, ladies. That was my reaction too, but I was curious to learn others' experiences and feelings.