Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Economy woes - Cutting back on quilting goods? >

Economy woes - Cutting back on quilting goods?

Economy woes - Cutting back on quilting goods?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM

I have read every post in this thread with interest. Everyone seems very passionate about this subject.

I have three quilt shops within a 40 mile drive of my house (I live "in the country" so everything is a drive). I am fortunate that each of them is special and unique in its own way. The one thing they all have in common is wonderful, friendly, helpful staff!! I love to shop in all of them. They are willing to help and make suggestions if you want it, but, by the same token, will leave you alone to browse, if that is what you want to do. All three of them will special order any item I ask for and they all have great sales. I would miss any of these shops if they went out of business and I try to support each of them to the best of my budget.

My favorite on-line quilt shop is http://fatquarterquilters.com/ She is based out of Atlanta and also has wonderful customer service. I have sent her emails to ask questions about quilting books or patterns and she is always quick with a response. When I place an order it is shipped the same day. Again-wonderful customer service.

I am fortunate to have these resources at my disposal and do not take them for granted. Times are tough now, but we will get through this!!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 PM

I mentioned earlier that I hated my LQS. It has been sold and I just had to go visit:)

They have much better hrs than before. The women there are Wonderful! I just asked if they carried the type of quilting needle I like. She wrote it down and said she would order it right away. She took my name and number to call when they come in. I was really impressed. I also heard her offer to order something for someone else. They have a special everyday. (that one is going to kill me..LOL). Today they had all FQ for $1.89 and 1/4 yd cuts (rolled FQ to me) for $1.49, and Thimbleberries and RJR were 35% off. I wished I had my paycheck cashed and with me...sigh....

Anway, I did buy some FQ and I will be back there as often as I can.

Lynette
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

awesome! :-)