Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eleanor Burns Quick Trip Quilt Question >

Eleanor Burns Quick Trip Quilt Question

Eleanor Burns Quick Trip Quilt Question

Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Please excuse me if this is self explanetary, but Im having brain block moment :? :oops: and can't decide what would be the best solution.

The instructions are for 6, 9 or 12 fabrics made into tubes. Wanting to use up what I have already from my stash... I have 8, but would like to do the bigger sized 12 fabric quilt.

Would it be best to either... After joining fabrics 1-8, add a further strips of 1-4 to the bottom and then into the tube?

Or, just use the 8fabrics and add several borders instead.

My New Year resolution was that I would only used up my stash fabric for this years projects, which I have kept to up to now, and would rather not purchase any more fabric.

So, has anyone has made this quilt, and does it matter how many strips are joined in order to make the tubes? Help with my dithering would be greatly appreciated, as I have my fabrics cut into strips ready for tomorrow night's quilting time... Just need to decide whether to cut a few more.

Much appreciated
Joanne
Old 10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

either way is going to work- so decide if you want the borders- or if you want the squares-- just remember that repeating the fabrics will change the look of the quilt somewhat- maybe sit down with some graph paper and color one both ways to see which you like better...either option is a good option- just depends on the look you want. :)
i've found sometimes coloring a graph paper sketch can really help figure out these design issues...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Oh! Thank you, forgot all about using graph paper.

A colouring in session would definitely help. The fabrics are all blues, yellow and greens and I know the order they're going in, so your suggestion will make choosing much easier.

Thank you again
Joanne