Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Electric Quilt 7 >

Electric Quilt 7

Electric Quilt 7

Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by elainecooper
Not only do they say they are located in London and shipping from Canada but in the description they talk about celebrating the Country's Independance Day with friends and family and would not be shipping until after the 5th. This has signs of trouble all over it! But I did ask them all the above questions so we'll see.
In searching it out some they have 100 of this item for sale, have sold 7 since July 5th and auction is for 5 days.

What one can do is to buy it so you can than pull sellers contact info and attempt to make contact by phone or at least check to see what country they are registered under.

They have this long tirade about offering books, fibers, arts and more yet this EQ is the only item listed.

My having been on ebay since they opened there doors in 1995 (almost 16 years) this has enough red flags for us to be cautious.

If enough folks made the purchase and than pulled sellers contact info they could file with eBay almost immediately stating why they are unwilling to pay for it which will immediatelys end an ALERT flag to eBay to investigate and if found legit follow through with paying for the item.

It's such a little amount and even though I have EQ7 and my wanting to keep eBay safe I'm seriously considering making the purchase to pull sellers user info and check them out. If found legit than give it away to a friend for Christmas or there birthday or just because.

At least that way we'd know if they are legit.

If I'm not mistaken both Canada and U.S. recognize Independence day or recognition is made by Canada. We have many borders in the U.S. within reach of Canada and U.S. and some of us are from Canada originally with our grandparents and/or parents having transplanted to the U.S. I'm second generation U.S. and grew up about 18 miles from the Canadian border in Maine.

They may be legit but there also are enough red flags to warrant there being checked out.

Or if one does not want to go through all of the above mentioned one can click "report item" to the right of the auction and ask ebay to check it out.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM

oh, do be careful...sounds too good to be true and probably is.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
eBay will protect you. Go ahead. Just use yer charge card - in case.
Exactly! :mrgreen:
Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM

How about paypal - wouldn't that protect you? I know how good and how expensive this item is because I purchased it for my son last Christmas.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Good Lord, don't buy just to pull their contact info! Ya'll know they are not legit, right? Yer gonna get a copy, but all ya hafta do is file Item Not As Described, and ebay will give you your money back. eBay limits new accounts to 1k per month, and does not release the funds to the seller until you leave feedback. Trust me, you are totally covered, if you want to just see if it's real or not.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by partsalot
How about paypal - wouldn't that protect you? I know how good and how expensive this item is because I purchased it for my son last Christmas.
Nope. Paypal discontinued their protection plan for ebay items, and eBay has picked it up. You are covered.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:32 PM

I have been looking for a copy to try EQ again (my first time was a disaster). This listing is just a little too hinky for my liking. I reported it to eBay. I had about 7 or 8 red flags pop up in my head while reading this listing.

Thanks for the warning!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

EQ7 has to be downloaded from EQ Website to your computer. If the serial number or other info where to download the program is not legit you won't be able to download the program. It could be trial demo cd not sold in the US. ?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:52 PM

First of all I always look at the feedback before I purchase anything on Ebay. Did you notice "0" feedback.....she probably doesn't have a clue what to sell it for in the first place.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Sent them an email asking if orignal, software, book and box. And, how in the world can they sell it for 27.36 when the "REAL" thing sells for almost 200.00.
I'll let you know if I get a response.