Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Electric Quilt 7 Software >

Electric Quilt 7 Software

Electric Quilt 7 Software

Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Trying to decide if I am really going to use it.
Me too!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 PM

Have it and love it. Don't know all about it yet but am slowly learning. Have printed foundation piecing blocks and a crab block for a friend. She couldn't believe I printed it for her. I found I really like foundation or paper piecing and it can allow me to print all the pattern blocks I need for a quilt. Can also tell you how much fabric to buy when you enter the size, pick fabrics, backing, etc. I think it is fabulous for a new quilter like me...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM

I have it ....but do not use it as much as I thought I would. I found I could get addicted to making virtual quilts and never go to the sewing room. .. when I stopped to think about it ... I finally figured out I love the anticipation of really seeing the results as I sew ... is it coming together as I thought it would.... are the colors playing well together.... so much to look forward to when you don't see it completed in the fabrics you are planning.
I lost something about the process , so I use it but ... not as much or to its full potential as I thought I would.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 PM

I absolutly love love my EQ7.....
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM

EQ7 - Love this software! Could I live without it? Well, yes, but I could live without my arms and legs too but am really glad I don't have to!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:14 AM

I have had it a couple of weeks, and am amazed at what I can already do. Take the time to go thru the videos on the help menu. It's also nice you can access Help no matter where you are in the program. I had 5 and became very frustrated because I just couldn't get it to work for me. Turns out I had a defective copy, but didn't know enough about the program then to realize it. BTW...I got mine for a lot less than regular retail (under $135) thru Quilt In A Day with no tax or shipping. I received notice of this sale twice, a couple of months apart. They just might have it again.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:00 AM

I have had it for a couple of weeks and still trying to learn.. There are so many different possibilities that it is impossible (for me anyway) to try to learn what's in there for now. Just one step at a time and one project at a time.
As Lori S says "I found I could get addicted to making virtual quilts and never go to the sewing room. .. "
totally agree!
I guess it is the learning process!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

If you never want to buy a quilt pattern again it's worth it. You can draft any pattern with EQ7 but it won't give you steps how to make it. Most all the quilt designers use EQ7. I started with EQ when it was on floppy discs and ran only on MSDOS. I don't scan my fabric into it, I find the thumbnail pictures of it at online quilt shops and import the picture of the fabric. Most shops have EQ files of exclusive fabric lines. Connecting Threads has EQ files of all their fabrics. The EQ website has thousands of fabrics in EQ file downloads for free too. Or you can buy a cd of all the fabrics from past years, it's called Stash.