Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Electric rottery cutter

I am so excited. Sometimes the arthritis in my hands prevents me from using my rotary cutter, or when cutting a large amount of fabric my hands ache for days. Keep us posted! This is wonderful news!!!!!

If you want an electric rotary cutter, there are some already on the market and have been for years.
    I have a Birdie.
    These run at very fast speeds. You would have to be very experienced to cut quilt blocks with an electric cutter.
    They are great for stacking layers of fabric, about 6, and cutting around a heavy cardboard or plexiglas templates.
    I have much experience with an electric cutter and would not be able to cut quilt blocks accurately.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful! Hope it is reasonably priced.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce
    If you want an electric rotary cutter, there are some already on the market and have been for years.
    I have a Birdie.
    These run at very fast speeds. You would have to be very experienced to cut quilt blocks with an electric cutter.
    They are great for stacking layers of fabric, about 6, and cutting around a heavy cardboard or plexiglas templates.
    I have much experience with an electric cutter and would not be able to cut quilt blocks accurately.
    Who carries the Birdie?

Please PM me when it comes out. I have lupus and FM, and the hardest part of this for me is the cutting and actually working on the machine. My hands get so painful that I can only do this in very short periods of time. Thank you for thinking of this idea!

What a great idea. Best of luck with it.So far I am doing ok in the arthritis department sometimes my FM acts up and I hurt.
    I have to admit though the first thing I thought when I saw electric rotary cutter was "Oh Boy. Now I can cut my fingers faster" LOL
    Last time I cut it was my fault for not closing but I have been cutting and gotten distracted(by animals) and sliced my fingers.

I have a Birdie.
    Maybe hers is different type. She didn't tell us, but I wouldn't think she could get a patent that is just like something else.

She seemed to say that it WAS for quilting, though. Hopefully it will be able to cut quilt blocks accurately!

I'd love to hear more info about it!

Electric rotary cutter sounds like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    Over the passed few month I have been designing a electric rottery cutter for cutting fabric. I just got the patent on it and working with a company to have it manufactured. I came up with the idea because like me have arthritis in the hands. Hopefully it will be in stores some time early next year.
    Sounds like a good idea. I hope it has an automatic shut off when you pick it up from the fabric. I've had too many cuts and blood with a rotary cutter, I can't imagine a spinning blade! Good Luck with your business!

Great idea, let us know when it will be available. I bought an electric scissors from Sears about 50 years ago and it still works great when I think to get it out. Works neat on long rows of cutting. I sewed drapes back then and cutting with a regular scissors cramped my hands.
    Good luck, we need one of them.
    Carol J.

Blog Entries
    Good for you! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Carol J.
    Great idea, let us know when it will be available. I bought an electric scissors from Sears about 50 years ago and it still works great when I think to get it out. Works neat on long rows of cutting. I sewed drapes back then and cutting with a regular scissors cramped my hands.
    Good luck, we need one of them.
    Carol J.
    I have electric scissors that were my mother's. They still work also. Did not even think to use them to cut fabric

Over the passed few month I have been designing a electric rottery cutter for cutting fabric. I just got the patent on it and working with a company to have it manufactured. I came up with the idea because like me have arthritis in the hands. Hopefully it will be in stores some time early next year.
    Congrats to you. But for me, I'll just probably be able to cut wrong even faster!!!!!:-)

JS
    Wonderful. Congratulations to you.

Congratulations. Keep us posted on more info.
    Quilters have GREAT imaginations. One lady had her husband take a blade and refit it so you can cut the holes to crochet around the edge of fleece. Now they have 2 different sizes for different type of yarns. They patented the idea and are now selling them.
    Cathy

wow congratulations . how much are they going to cost?

I hope you give us the opportunity to buy this directly from you when it becomes available!! Please keep us updated as to when it is ready for sale. I'll definitely buy one!!

That's wonderful. My DB is afraid that I would became the fastest amputee in the west. But I told him I would just some chain mail gloves!

Congradulations!!! I have arthritis too I will have to check it out. Let us know when it is available.

I have a Birdie.
    There are many different electic rottory cutters out there some work and some don't. I can't tell you all the details at this time but I guarantee that mine is well thought out and is hand friendly for people with arthritis.

What a cool idea keep us up to date

Power Poster
    This is an interresting concept. Can hardly wait to see the design and particulars. Keep us up to date. Thanks

Dee
    Congrats on your patent. That is so awesome. I'll buy one.

WOW! What a great invention! Good luck! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    great invention, good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast