Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Electric rottery cutter

Hi Debora,
    I'm sorry if it came across that I was being critical of your new patent, I didn't mean it that way. If it runs a little slower than mine, I am sure it will be fine.
    Now how about coming up with a sharpener that will really sharpen rotary blades.
    You have my admiration for being so clever.

To answer the question about where I got my Birdie.
    I really just don't remember. It was one of my suppliers that I was using at the time.
    Try to google it, in the meantime I will see if I can find anything on where I got it.
    Take a look at Atlanta Threads, they might just have it.

Sounds great - will buy - no arthritis but will be less pressure on the wrist and shoulder - GOOD LUCK!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    Over the passed few month I have been designing a electric rottery cutter for cutting fabric. I just got the patent on it and working with a company to have it manufactured. I came up with the idea because like me have arthritis in the hands. Hopefully it will be in stores some time early next year.

I hope you give us the opportunity to buy this directly from you when it becomes available!! Please keep us updated as to when it is ready for sale. I'll definitely buy one!!
    I second that. I'll buy two!

Love it!!! Thou are brilliant!!!

Any idea what type of stores we should watch? Quilt stores of course, but perhaps JoAnns or other mail-order stores too?

Don't they already have electric fabric cutters I bid on a small one on ebay but didn't win it .It was like they use in a garment factory only smaller.

Blog Entries
    If you need someone to test drive it for recommendations for advertising........I'd be willing to try one out for you.

Where have you been all my life?

Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    Say, do you need beta testers!!???
    Ahem, ahem...
    tooMuchFabric was readiIng my mind, or I was reading hers. I hereby volunteer to be a betatester also. Having fibromyalgia and serious problems with my neck and right arm and shoulder, I would be a perfect candidate in seeing how it would be for the physically challenged to use it.
    :-D :thumbup:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That would be so neat, but I most likely not have any money then either, and darnet that would be really neat, and make cutting less painful for my back. I can't wait to see it. Congratulations, and God bless.

I've used the industrial rotary cutters but have never seen an electric domestic cutter... I guess this is why.. You were working on it... good luck with the patent

Blog Entries
    That is awesome,, Congrats to you. I have made a pattern and found what it costs to register a pattern woo weeee alot!! So i wish you the best and i bet the quilters here want 1st crack at the 1st batch!!!! I know i would be interested. I have a bad right hand ( im right handed) from a car accident yrs ago.

Well, congratulations on your patent! That must be very exciting for you. Let us know when it becomes available!. I would be very interested in it.

Blog Entries
    congrats, quilters are the smartest!!

prm
    Hi Deborah--
    Please keep us informed when and how we can get the electric rotary cutter. I have a friend with bad arthritis and is very excited about this.
    Phyllis Malinov
    [email protected]

I would absolutely LOVE one ... I only have index fingers & thumbs that work right now on both hands. Not having another surgery UNTIL I just have to as some of you know I have had 11 in 10 years. Still paying for the last 2.
    Anyhow, just wanted to let you all know that there is a rotary cutter demonstration on You Tube. I ran across it while watching the Acc Go! Really nifty how electric rotary cutters work...the one I saw also has an automatic blade sharpener when it is running.

Just wanted to give you an update on my electric fabric cutter. Things are moving along and working out a few bugs of the design. Still not sure when it will be coming out for sale.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3