Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
electronically challenged and need help! >

electronically challenged and need help!

electronically challenged and need help!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM

1) I want to post pictures but I can't figure it out! My 10 year old gd (who figured out & showed us how to use our i-phone navagating system) couldn't figure it out either. Tried to follow the directions, but......

Is there someone out there with a simple mind and a simple vocabulary who could provide steps for adding a picture????? It could/would be considered an act of mercy ;)

2) There was a topic regarding a "quilt house" for sale in Fremont. I live near there but was not able to find it again! Can anyone give me the way back to it?

I love this message board and the attitudes of you quilters!!!!

Thanx for your potential help.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM

If the pictures are in your computer, click the "BROWSE" button where it says File Attachments.

This will bring up your computer files. Find the file with the pictures. It is often called "My Pictures". Double click on the picture you want. This will put the picture's file name in the second box.

If you want to title the picture for the board, do so in the first box.

Do not check the "Store Original" box

Do not click "Preview"

Click "Send"
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

Can't find the post on the building either, but here's the Craig's List link:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/art/2512572785.html

good luck. If you buy it, you can invite me over!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Hi Sierra,
I am going to try my best to help you get your pictures posted.
Here goes: {wish me luck}

Go to Pictures topic
Click on "Create New Topic" in the upper left hand corner.
Put in your Title, then write what you want to say, then
Click on Browse button. This will go to your computer, to where you keep your pictures at. If not, then you have to use the drop-down menu to go to your pictures. Once you find your pictures, click on the one you want to post, and that should show up in the little space bar. Should also show up on the space just before the "Browse" button.
Click on the next "Browse" button, & this should take you right back to where you just were at, click on another picture, same thing will happen, everything will go into the space before the button, and so on until you have all your pictures on here that you want.
DO NOT CLICK THE PREVIEW BUTTON. If you click the Preview button, all of your pictures will be taken off your postings. The only thing that will show up when you hit the send key is just what you wrote in the box, NO pictures!!!!!
So when you are done selecting your pictures, click on the "Send" button.
I hope you can understand this and it has helped you to get your pictures posted.
Please let me know if this helped any.
Good Luck
Bev B
tarbender30
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM

Didn't see the post about the quilt house but maybe can help with the posting of pictures.
First you make sure you can locate the picture you want on the same computer or phone you are creating the post on.
Be sure you are doing the reply in the separate reply page, not the quick reply box below the posts on the thread.
Then type in (and if you so desire, preview) what you want to say in the reply section.
Next go to the "browse" button below the text box on the reply page and find your picture and click on it.
Then input any description you want to show by the picture in the little text box beside where your picture "address" is.
Repeat for another picture if desired.
Now click SEND and everything should work just fine.
Oh and DO NOT PREVIEW after you attach the picture. That will make it disappear!
Good luck.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Wow 2 others beat me to it! You should have plenty of instructions now. Look forward to seeing your pictures.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM

A whole page of examples of why I love this Quilt Board.

OOoophs, forgot to say that I have a MacBook Pro.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

One thing though, we can't send pictures directly from the iPhone (if someone knows if this is possible I would love to know!) If I take a picture with my iPhone I email it to myself and open it on the computer and then follow the above directions.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra
1) I want to post pictures but I can't figure it out! My 10 year old gd (who figured out & showed us how to use our i-phone navagating system) couldn't figure it out either. Tried to follow the directions, but......

Is there someone out there with a simple mind and a simple vocabulary who could provide steps for adding a picture????? It could/would be considered an act of mercy ;)

2) There was a topic regarding a "quilt house" for sale in Fremont. I live near there but was not able to find it again! Can anyone give me the way back to it?

I love this message board and the attitudes of you quilters!!!!

Thanx for your potential help.
Okay. Do you see how I have quoted your question?
I did that by using the Quote Reply button under your [the first] message. Or I could have used the Reply button directly under your question. Then I would be able to see the key options menu to the left of where I am typing ... and the File attachments under where I am writing.

I know this is visual. But try it.

If your picture is already on your computer, such as in My Pictures, the you use the Browse button under File attachments and go to My Pictures [or wherever you picture - or document - is stored]. The simply attach it by selecting that picture.

You can add a description of the picture if you want. Just follow the directions on the screen under where you put the File attachments.

If your picture is on your phone you can purchase something to help you download your pictures to your computer. I think mine cost all of $3-8! Then I store the pictures I want on my computer.

Sorry, I have a PC not a Mac ... but I think the process is the same.

ali
Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Can't find the post on the building either, but here's the Craig's List link:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/art/2512572785.html

good luck. If you buy it, you can invite me over!
That is really $7999 worth of cute!