Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
An email from WalMart >

An email from WalMart

An email from WalMart

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 PM

I don't go to walmart unless absolutly necessary. They have remodeled, upped the prices and cut the choices of items in half.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:17 PM

We have the craft/celebration aisle....It has about 3 items for 10 different crafts....it isn't worth walking down the row. Now I have to drive 40 miles to have a selection of thread/elastic/buttons/or notions....What a joy!!!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:01 AM

OURS TOO HERE IN SHELBYVILLE. KY.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:08 AM

WM opened two years ago in my city with the "celebration" department and I'm yet to see that many people shopping in that section. The sewing aisle they refer to is pathetic (in my WM). I understanding their reasoning--doesn't mean I agree with it or like it--but what they call "celebration" is a very poor replacement for fabrics, zippers, patterns, etc. IMHO.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:48 AM

We still have a fabric dept. It is much smaller, and they have containers of fabric down the walk way between paints and tv depts.
We also have a celebration dept, which I first noticed when I went to walmart last time. There is a big sign and all the party goods almost direct center of the store.
It is rediculous looking and they had cards and streamers and plates before. Nothing too much sold then, don't know why they think it will cell now. Not unless they put stars names to it and say this one has these.. I can buy party plates a heck of alot cheaper, and get cards cheaper too. ( with many sending e cards) cards may soon become a thing of the past)
Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 AM

perhaps the reason for not getting over it so soon. I as well as many others in this group live in very small towns. Have to drive a good 75 miles one way if I want a Joanne, or Hancocks even.
When Walmart, which happens to be an hour drive had fabric, the dept was packed of school kids, parents, native indians ( we have a tribal area nearby) it was always busy, so much so, it ended with our quilt shops closing.
There is now nothing in my town, with the exception of my drug store, putting in a fabric section. Not too many choices, but, they have one. Can get yarn, needles,pins..
Thank heaven... but the quilt shops closed... then Walmart got rid of their fabric (they still have a small amt, not worth driving for). So they abandoned us after putting quilting shops out of business