• Embroidery for Accuquilt Go! appliques >
  • Embroidery for Accuquilt Go! appliques

• Embroidery for Accuquilt Go! appliques

Old 08-02-2017, 12:53 PM
    Power Poster

Question Embroidery for Accuquilt Go! appliques

I've been looking at this list:
    http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/notion...y-designs.html

and trying to figure out how you do embroidery with the Accuquilt Go! cut-outs. I have a hand crank Go!, several of these dies, and I have a Brother PE770 embroidery machine (which I have threaded and tried out to make sure it works, but that's about all).

How on earth do you get the embroidery to line up with the applique cutout? Are there tutorials or Youtube videos that would help me? I ran into a brick wall trying to learn my embroidery machine, but maybe this would give me the incentive I need to start mastering the darn thing. Or should I start with something easier?
    Old 08-02-2017, 02:05 PM

It's easy Prism!

The file will have a placement stitch that stitches first. Lay down fabric that you have cut with die. You can add fusible to back and iron in place if you like. Then stitch out EMB design.

I did the Umbrellas and then went back and added the EMB designs. It was quite the task to line up the Applique Umbrella with the EMB design but I managed it! Used 5 thumb tacks method and the cross hair points to get them exact. Recommend to do the stitch placement and THEN place applique fabric.

Just a tip but you don't even need the special die. Do the stitch file and then place fabric over it. Trim around fabric and stitch out rest of design.

Did you see the designs that use the owl die to makes different animals? Cute!

They are fun!
    Old 08-02-2017, 02:08 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks so much! The light bulb went on because of your explanation. I had not seen the designs for the owl, so will go have a look. I have the owl die.
    Old 08-02-2017, 03:57 PM
    Power Poster

that sure makes them fancy!
    Old 08-02-2017, 05:51 PM
    Gay

Would it be easier if you do the embroidery first, then set in place to cut out. You would only be able to do one at a time though.
    Old 08-02-2017, 08:18 PM
    Gay

Duurr, after reading your question 'properly' I see I have things up-side down, again. Was thinking you meant embroidering on a cut-out shape, like a hexagon.
    Not having one of these cutters, I have never tried that method, and just do applique on the machine. eg stitch fabric down, trim away excess, then finish the embroidery.
    Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 AM

Here is a link to Marjorie Busby's blog. She has a lot of information about using the accuquilt go and machine embroidery designs. In fact, you will see that she had digitized a lot of shapes for the accuquilt go and they are sold by accuquilt.com. It is an easy process like Rhonda described. Here is a picture of a Christmas Circle quiltI made using the circle die and her machine embroidery designs. Much easier to use the embroidery machine than try to manuever a quilt using free motion or just regular applique stitches to stitch around those circles. I used free motion to quilt around those circles. The results are less than ideal, to say the least. But it is my quilt and I snuggle under it at Christmas.
    If you look under the shop/embroidery section of the accuquilt site, you will find a lot of embroidery designs for the dies. I have plans to do an orange peel quilt using the die and the machine embroidery designs.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]577925[/ATTACH]

http://b-quilts.com/blog/
    Attached Thumbnails 048.jpg  
    Old 08-03-2017, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the information. I love your quilt!
    Old 08-03-2017, 03:42 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Murphy224
    Here is a link to Marjorie Busby's blog. She has a lot of information about using the accuquilt go and machine embroidery designs. In fact, you will see that she had digitized a lot of shapes for the accuquilt go and they are sold by accuquilt.com. It is an easy process like Rhonda described. Here is a picture of a Christmas Circle quiltI made using the circle die and her machine embroidery designs. Much easier to use the embroidery machine than try to manuever a quilt using free motion or just regular applique stitches to stitch around those circles. I used free motion to quilt around those circles. The results are less than ideal, to say the least. But it is my quilt and I snuggle under it at Christmas.
    If you look under the shop/embroidery section of the accuquilt site, you will find a lot of embroidery designs for the dies. I have plans to do an orange peel quilt using the die and the machine embroidery designs.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]577925[/ATTACH]

http://b-quilts.com/blog/
    thanks for the link and yes, beautiful quilt
    Old 08-03-2017, 03:45 AM
    Power Poster

for a fundraiser, shortly after getting my GO Baby, i digitized the shape myself and made this little quilt. after scanning the shape, i had to measure the shape carefully to get the embroidery the right size.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]577927[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20170204-go-calico-cats.bmp