Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Experts - Question on Embird >

Embroidery Experts - Question on Embird

Embroidery Experts - Question on Embird

Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 PM

I have downloaded from several different embroidery sites and never had a problem. The main thing is, unless you want the same item 7 times, download only the one for your machine. The Bernina is a really friendly exp. unit. And when you bring it up on your laptop program and you do all you want to make it yours then save it .. for me this is the best way.. on the Bernina USB stick. If not when you can't find exp, then save it under the melcor... I can't afford a lot of those CD with everything on it and I sure can't afford the digitizing stuff. $2,000 for the sofeware... not on my budget. But admittedly, I am not all that great when it comes to the embroidery stuff, but what I do, I know well. That leaves a whole lot of room to learn something else next.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
That is my one problem with Embird. I don't need the editing software, at least I don't think I do....hmmmm...guess I had better do some more research. :roll:
You might be surprised how much you would use the editing software. I sometimes resize things, change colors, delete certain elements of some designs, combine designs--there are lots of things you can do with editing software after you have been embroidering for awhile.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I have Embird too.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Floriani is also a very expensive software. I don't think you can beat the price to Embird. Especially since you can buy it a section at a time. As long as you have the basic embird (the editing software), you can add the others as you can afford them or need them.

Good to know.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM

On my Bernina I have the Editor Lite addition 4.. since I'm only tuned in to what I have, and what I cannot afford, I am extremely interested in this particular thread. Of those who have the Embrid, does this play nice with the existing software for my Bernina 630, or do you bypass the existing and only use the Embrid? If so, does if have explic details on how to move things from Editor Lite 4 over to the new stand alone sofeware.

With thanks Claire.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 AM

That is my one problem with Embird. I don't need the editing software, at least I don't think I do....hmmmm...guess I had better do some more research. :roll:
You might be surprised how much you would use the editing software. I sometimes resize things, change colors, delete certain elements of some designs, combine designs--there are lots of things you can do with editing software after you have been embroidering for awhile.
yes, you can change things alot
Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
yes, you can change things alot
Thanks, shows you how much I know about digitizing. I thought the program that came with my machine would edit. I also have Catalog Express, which I thought could edit too, though I haven't totally explored the program yet. Boy am I glad to have you guys to save me from my inexperience.
;)
Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM

Now for the foot in mouth question... can you share the approximate cost? And did you order on line and receive the program on CD form, or did you purchase on line and it comes as a download?

Sorry, I just seem to get lazier in my extending age.. With thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 PM

I have been using Embird for about ten years, however I don't digitize but i use the heck out of the basic program. I do a lot of combining designs, spliting designs, correcting designs and resizing designs. You can download a trial of Embird Studio but it has many limitations, like printing or saving you design.

But, the real reason I'm replying is just to make sure you know about Sadie Sews, that site has a free digitizing program you can download. I think if you put Sadie Sews in your search engine you should be able to find it. It might not have everything you are wanting in a program but it might give a little more insight to what you will want in a more comprehensive program.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Forgot to mention that I have my notes from an Embird class that I taught, we took a small free design and changed it in about every way possible. If you want to pm me your email addy, I would be happy to email you a copy of it. If anyone else wants it, just let me know.