Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machine question >

Embroidery machine question

Embroidery machine question

Old 12-08-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Embroidery machine question

I have a Creative Performance Pfaff embroidery machine and have an issue regarding the reading of some designs. I was using an Anita Goodesign one this weekend and some of the lines never got filled in so I ended up pulling threads at the finish. Is this a machine problem, or a pattern issue? Should I contact a Pfaff dealer or the maker of the CD from which I downloaded the pattern?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:48 AM

Can you post a picture so we can know what you mean, poor stitch out can be how it is stabilized, i could be the thread shredded some while you weren't looking, It could be the needle. It would help if we knew stitch count of design what and how much stabilizer used, what type thread was used, needle used. AG are well digitized so without a picture it is really hard to tell what went wrong. I have been doing embroidery for 2 years and find most of my problems tend to be improper stabilization. Its almost always user error and less likely the machine or the design
Old 12-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Without a photo it's hard to tell, however, I'm going to make a guess it's a stabilizer issue. Some embroidery designs are very dense. The whole design is completely filled, making it bullet proof. If the design is one of those, you need to make the correct choice on fabric and stabilizer. The denser the design, the more stabilizer you need and you will probably have better success with a heavier fabric.
When I took my first lesson with my embroidery machine, the most valuable thing the instructor told me was you need to learn to correctly match the design with the fabric weight. Basically don't choose a dense design for a lightweight cotton, or a t shirt. Yes, you can use a ton of stabilizer and get it done, but you probably won't be happy with the result, especially after laundering.
Here's a link to the place where I get my stabilizers. This is their education page. Scroll down to the stabilizer section and read the articles. Lots of good info.
http://www.allstitch.net/department/....cfm?killnav=1
Old 12-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Without a photo it's hard to tell, however, I'm going to make a guess it's a stabilizer issue. Some embroidery designs are very dense. The whole design is completely filled, making it bullet proof. If the design is one of those, you need to make the correct choice on fabric and stabilizer. The denser the design, the more stabilizer you need and you will probably have better success with a heavier fabric.
When I took my first lesson with my embroidery machine, the most valuable thing the instructor told me was you need to learn to correctly match the design with the fabric weight. Basically don't choose a dense design for a lightweight cotton, or a t shirt. Yes, you can use a ton of stabilizer and get it done, but you probably won't be happy with the result, especially after laundering.
Here's a link to the place where I get my stabilizers. This is their education page. Scroll down to the stabilizer section and read the articles. Lots of good info.
http://www.allstitch.net/department/....cfm?killnav=1
An excellent resource! Thanks much.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:22 PM

Make sure you are using the latest most up to date and correct file extension. I had this happen once using a design from emb library. They said it was an old design and with Viking they have different extensions that I can use and to make sure I use the latest. The other thing is that it will do this if you tried to resize it the wrong way. Being a Windows person I was so use to using the little handles and dragging to make it larger or smaller. That was the wrong way to do it because it didn't keep the threads right. I learned the hard way that you have to use the resize tool or the resize in the editing part and you can only do it up to a certain amount. good luck. If you have a dealer close you could always call them or contact Anita Gooddesigns. I don't know where you are located but here we have a chain store that sponsors them so I can call them for questions, which I just did a little while ago. Do you have the software so that you can see how it will stitch out before you load the design
Old 12-10-2014, 06:52 AM

I really do not think it would be the stabilizers fault. I agree romaojg. I often do not use a lot of stabilizers and have never had that problem.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative Sensation and once called Pfaff support for an embroidery problem. They were very helpful. You might give it a try:

http://new.pfaff.com/Support-and-Updates/Support
Old 12-15-2014, 07:10 AM

Thank you for all your comments. They were helpful, as always. I contacted Anita Goodesigns and they had some recommendations, which I jotted down and will try as soon as time allows. Even took this person's e-mail and direct phone # in tech support, if there are further problems. I will keep the Pfaff support e-mail in mind for future problems.