Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Embroidery Machine Quilting >
  • Embroidery Machine Quilting

• Embroidery Machine Quilting

Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 AM

I have quilted a few this way and find that it is a lot of work hooping and re hooping. When I quilt with my embroidery machine I center the design in a charm square block and not every one is perfect and I only use single run designs for quilting. Emblibrary has plenty of single pass designs to choose from. You MUST have something to support the weight of the quilt while its hooped. It can be done but it will take a lot of time and it will take you constantly watching it, no pushing the button and going to stir dinner, this is when all mistakes and problems will happen, ask me how I know lol.

I have done a twin and a little bit bigger than a twin this way and tho I am happy with them they are far from perfect.

Good Luck and make sure to post pictures of finished product.

T
    Old 11-29-2013, 09:44 AM

The thing I notice most about embroidered quilts is that sometimes people do not have the quilting stitched evenly over the quilt. The quilting will be heavy in one area and light in others. I'd love to see you quilt when done.
    Old 11-30-2013, 07:56 AM

I quilt with my embroidery machine quite a bit. I SID first and then embroider a quilting design in the blocks. I purchased the set of quilting designs from Anita Good Design and it has everything from mittens to feathers to scrolls, etc. each design comes in 3 sizes, or most do. Something for every quilt.
    I also have the new 4x stronger Monster magnetic hoop, LOVE IT! I have 5x7 and the 7x12, and I mark my block center, stitch it, lift top of hoop, advance quilt to new block, adjust it, stitch it and so forth. No struggling to hoop a quilt sandwich, those hoops are major strong, just advance and stitch. I'm very pleased with my results. I can't afford to take every quilt to the LA, so this works great and is fun. Table runners are very easy and love the result. Made a runner with chickadee fabric and downloaded a quilt design of a chickadee from Emb library and it was darling done!
    Have fun!

Last edited by Bevsie; 11-30-2013 at 07:58 AM.