Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Recommendations >

Embroidery Machine Recommendations

Embroidery Machine Recommendations

Old 03-05-2022, 01:25 PM

I had an older Bernina that had a ME module. I wanted to upgrade and bought a Bernina which I hated. I had to flip through too many screens to get where I was going and the screen was toooo tiny to see all the individual stitches at the same time.. About a month later, I bought the Babylock Journey. I simply did not do what I wanted. So, a month later I bought the Babylock Destiny2. I'm in heaven! It is the only machine at the time that had an automatic threader that actually worked with a press of a button. The screen is huge which is fantastic. I could plug it in and make it go without any hassle from day one.

Yes, this was an expensive adventure, but worth every penny of it.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:59 PM

My new Bernina 590 does pretty good embroidery, but I haven't really done much yet. I used to do a lot of embroidery using my old Viking D1. I did notice that I could do a lot more on the actual machine then I was able to do on the D1 but there is about a 20-year difference in them. The screen is not huge, but you can zoom in on the stitching to see it. I used to have a separate embroidery program to do this on my D1, but a lot is now in the machine to do modifications. I am disappointed though because my dealer did not know how the embroidery on the Bernina's really worked as she was just starting to carry the Bernina's. I was used to my Viking dealer which was a family run business and they always sent someone to the conventions to learn all about the new bells and whistles with new models and they had years of experience with the Viking brand.