Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine >

Embroidery Machine

Embroidery Machine

Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 PM

I have never used mine, some day.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:43 AM

I have 4 embroidery machines; a Brother PE-150, Bernina Deco 600 and 650 and a Brother Innovis 4000D. Some are limited in hoop size - can only use a 4x4 hoop or 4x4 and 5x7, etc., so you need to consider how limited you want to be in regards to hoop size. I have PED Basic software, which is very simple and allows you to download designs from your computer. All of my machines can use this software. The Innovis 4000D can take the PED Basic as well as a USB stick. The Innovis is a sewing/embroidery machine, the others are embroidery only. If and when I upgrade again, I will purchase a machine that does only embroidery. I will never sew on the Innovis, I use it exclusively for embroidering and I embroider a LOT. I have more than one sewing machine so didn't need that feature, but I paid for it and these machines are expensive so really think about whether you want an embroidery only machine, or a combination machine.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 AM

I just bought a janome 11000 with professional kit. Its very easy to use. I got a digitizer jr and a cd with 1100 designs which is a canadian designer but retails for 499.00 us go figure.
I got so many hoops with mine. A free arm for doing bottom of pants and a sqare which the sales lady said this brand has the only one. I don`t know if this is right but great for quilting squares. Also 2 hoops that use magnets to hold.
Gale
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48395.jpe  
Old 01-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I think your most important considerations should be ...what do YOU want to do with it??? Then buy the machine that meets those needs.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by grma33
I just bought a janome 11000 with professional kit. Its very easy to use. I got a digitizer jr and a cd with 1100 designs which is a canadian designer but retails for 499.00 us go figure.
I got so many hoops with mine. A free arm for doing bottom of pants and a sqare which the sales lady said this brand has the only one. I don`t know if this is right but great for quilting squares. Also 2 hoops that use magnets to hold.
Gale
Who is the Canadian designer? Do the magnests not mess up your computer board in your machine. :)
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM

I had a Janome 10001 and loved it! Very reliable. If your budget allows though, check into the Brother Quattro or Babylock Ellisimo. They are basically the same machine, the Brother offers Disney designs and the Babylock has Nancy Zeiman designs. I have the Ellisimo and absolutely love it!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:22 PM

It really depends on your budget and how much you will use it. I bought a brother at walmart on clearance many years ago (5-10) and have lots of fun with it. It does not do big designs but some day I may upgrade. It is not a cheep hobby.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:43 PM

My big mistake is i bought the machines that uses the cards.I don't have the software.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 PM

You lucky lady!! I am drooling over a Janome 11000 special Edition. I just can't justify the money right now because I work all the time.

don't be concerned about right or wrong just enjoy what you have got.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:28 PM

As this is an older post I`ve had time to play. I just love it!
As for the magnet hoops which are great the magnets don`t bother the computer part.
I`m em a tree skirt with all the 8 reindeers plus Rudolf and the 3 grs names for DD.
will post under pictures when I get done hopefully next week.
Gale