Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
I have a brother SE400 that was given to me last month. My question is when you do burp cloths and things of that source, how do you hide or cover the stitches on the back? Thanks in advance.
I have the Viking Diamond Deluxe and with the thread positioning system it looks the same on both sides. If it really bothered you, you could always hand applique a design on the back overtop of the threads.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:51 AM

I make a lot of Tote bags, bookmarks, FSL bookmarks, Mostly for my family. I embroidery the cuff sometimes for family and friends on my pilowcases. They are custom to the designs. My family and friends get a lot of these things from me.
I love my embroidery machine and use it a lot. I have the Baby Lock Ellisimo.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:13 AM

Have any of you made dolls? I got a face (eyes, nose, mouth) and a pattern from one of the embroidery sites (can't remember which one). I made the doll, turned it, stuffed it, sewed it up, and now am ready to do "hair". I can't quite figure out how to do it and sew it to the head.
Any suggestions?
TIA - Jane
Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Default stuffed animal pattern

I make ITH stuffed critters for a local charity and am wondering if anyone has pattern suggestions. I got a very cute bunny from Urban Threads and have made a ton of those little guys, but am a bit tired of it now. I just found another 3-eyed monster doll that was free from another site - also very cute, but again I am getting tired of it as well.
Can anyone recommend another critter? I love doing ITH and would love to see a little bear pattern.
Thanks all,
Jane
Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 AM

I have a Babylock Esante and I love it. I embroidered the squares on my first baby quilt. I have also done towels, burp cloths, bibs, aprons and pet mats. Since I started making tote bags, I haven't gotten back into the embroidery part, but am hoping to work the embroidery into the totes soon. I love what one person said about how she uses her embroidery machine to make her own quilt labels. Hmmmm, I may have to investigate. here's a few pics of my work. The pet mat was great until I noticed that the word "Meow" wasn't exactly straight, but my sister loved it because she thought it looked like the cat was saying it. To each his own, I guess. I was ready to take it out and redo it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM

Very cute Christmas designs here
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Sale.aspx
Old 12-21-2014, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye View Post
What is the best type of stablizer to use to do shirts? I am doing my husbands work shirts (pullover polo style) and also want to do some shirts to wear at fall craft fairs. Any suggestions would be great. I think I need to get a book that explains the basics.
I have a multineedle machine and used to have a small side business with it. For a knit polo shirt, I recommend a fusible polymesh. It temporarily up fuses to the back of the shirt and provides non-stretch support for hooping without stretching the shirt. When you are finished. Gently pull up the stabilizer from the shirt and trim around it. It is very soft against the skin. For a woven shirt, I generally also use polymesh, but not the fusible since the fabric doesn't stretch.

Pam

ETA: sorry, I didn't realize this was a zombie post!

Last edited by CanoePam; 12-21-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Pam

ETA: sorry, I didn't realize this was a zombie post![/QUOTE]

Me either, and when I saw the emblibrary.com site mentioned, I checked it to find the cutest designs.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:58 PM

I have a Pfaff Creative sensation I bought about a year and a half ago. I love that machine. I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do, but I'n sure trying!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by grammyjladr View Post
I have a Pfaff Creative sensation I bought about a year and a half ago. I love that machine. I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do, but I'n sure trying!
I've had the embroidery machine for a long time, and use it to make labels. I am glad I have it though.