Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas

What do you make?

What Embroidery machine do you have?
I have a Janome 11,000. Use it always, ha. Finished my 50th anni quilt, cut my wedding gown skirt apart into blocks and embroidered them like a family history. If I can remember how to post pictures on here I will get some up.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Have any of you made dolls? I got a face (eyes, nose, mouth) and a pattern from one of the embroidery sites (can't remember which one). I made the doll, turned it, stuffed it, sewed it up, and now am ready to do "hair". I can't quite figure out how to do it and sew it to the head.
Any suggestions?
TIA - Jane

i re-read this post before I understood that she needed help with the hair. I used to make Raggedy Ann & Andys. I spent hours hand sewing the yarn for hair hair. I did not want bald spots!

Sandy
Old 02-07-2015, 09:18 PM

Your ornaments are my favorite...I haven't tried to make those on my Bernina 630E yet. (Chicken!) I made dozens that I crocheted by hand Many years ago. I would like to try this. Which design pack did you use...if you don't mind. You gave me some more good ideas also! Great work!!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:47 PM

I also find myself watching the design and a few times it sure paid off I was right there I am simply amazed at how it works
Old 02-08-2015, 05:53 AM

I used to embroider a lot till I got the quilting bug, now its mainly making quilt tops. Haven't picked up the bug to get them quilted yet though I have a quilt machine. Hopefully soon as my rack is starting to bow from the weight of all the tops waiting to be finished.

Anyway, last year I finally decided to make use for some of the many pillow forms I have stashed in the rafters of my garage. (in a plastic tote). Made some for the wicker chairs on the front porch and new ones for the sofa. I embroidered geraniums on the porch pillows and a 2-color design for the ones on the sofa. I came up with cool idea to make the embroidred piece removal by using elmer' glue. I made new pillow covers then I finished the seams of the embroidered piece, added a couple drops of elmer's glue along the edges and attached it to the face of the pillow cover. Added a book on top to press it down together till dry. Now when I need to wash either piece or want to change out say for different seasons, I can without having to make new covers each time. So far its worked fine and I have a kitty that jumps on the sofa every day and they have stayed on. After washing I just have to dab a little elmer's glue and do it again.

Next project will be new toilet seat covers. Have the pattern from one of the embroidery sites, just haven't found the time to do it yet.