Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM

I have my Viking Designer Diamond and a new Pfaff Creative Sensation. I make and embroider linen dinner napkins, customized dish towels (tea towels) monogram bath towels, shirts - make and embroider winde bags, pillow cases, table clothes - and of course quilt blocks and machine quilting!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM

I just started machine embroidery about three weeks ago and love it! I made a little outfit for my grandson for his 4th birthday, and two little tag blankets for two other grandkids and monogrammed their names on them.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 PM

I've done, bat, kitchen and beach towels, pillow cases, book covers, toys, quilts, bag holders, jackets, shirts, burp clothes , what ever I can think of to emb on..... hmmmm hubby underwear... thats an idea!!!! Look out hubby here I come!!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM

Pats8e* I would love to see some of your embroidered jeans. I have wanted to do some, but unsure
about where the designs meet up, if you sew all around.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM

I wish i would have saw this post a few days ago i deleted & empted trash of a lot of quilt blocks i had already sold.
I also use my baby (PE150) brother to make appliques i sell.
because i said i sell them i don't think i can legally post a picture here and i don't have any listed right now but Roses go as fast as i make them i keep my machine going about all the time in the kitchen,
this is something i just love to do
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM

I like to do fsl angels. I take some to the cancer team, to the hospital cancer ward, put them in cards, and use them for ornaments.

I also like to embroider on toilet paper. It is something different to give as a gift. Right now, I have the following 2 rolls in my bathroom. (The ones pictured are before I put them in cellophane bags with curly ribbon to tie them). I just gave one to a friend that has a smiling frog on it that says, "I could just croak". Everyone got a kick out of it. I got orders for some other designs that I have.
Attached Thumbnails blc-tpcatdidit-ls.jpg   blc-tpdogdidit-ls.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM

What is your process for embroidering on this paper? I've never heard of this. Do you mind sharing?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 AM

I love all the suggestions for using the embroidery machines. I have had a Topaz 30 for three years, and just this last fall figured out how to use the software. I do better with OJT than reading and trying to figure it out. Now that I know how to do a few things with it, I just love it. I have been making coasters each month. At Christmas I made ornaments and coasters for gifts. I would bring them to work and would have to go home and make more because the girls I work with would buy them up. I use a lot of the Adorable Designs. They have it posted that you can sell up to 50 of each design with no problem. I think that is very generous! Once I started using the embroidery part of my machine, my DH said, "it is a good thing we have lots of quilts because I will probably never see another new one!" This week I did some embroidery on a quilt. One questions on that, when you embroidery on a quilt, do you still need to put stablizer under the backing (next to the machine)?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
What is your process for embroidering on this paper? I've never heard of this. Do you mind sharing?
Here are the steps that I follow:

1. Start unrolling the tp. Take the first 3 sheets, fold them over, then fold over again. Now you have 3 layers of tp with 3 sheets in each layer. Set aside.

2. Hoop one layer of tear away stabilizer and stitch the first color. Remove hoop from machine, but, do not unhoop.

3. Now, lay the tp on the stabilizer so that the middle set of squares covers the stitching that you did in step 2.

4. Using tape, tape the tp in place. Be sure to unroll plenty of tp so that you can set the roll near the machine, but, when you start stitching, there won't be any tension on the tp that is over the edge of the hoop.

5. Float a layer of tear away stabilizer under the hoop.

6. Stitch the rest of the design.

7. When the design is done stitching, remove hoop from machine, and carefully carry the hoop and the roll of tp to a table. Remove the tape. Unhoop the stabilizer. Cut away the stabilizer to a little smaller than the sheet of tp you stitched on. Roll the tp back up and tape the loose end to the roll of tp.

8. I place the tp in a clear cellophane bag (get it at Wal-Mart in the party section - I think it is called a goody bag or something like that), then I tie some curling ribbon around the top of the bag and curl the ribbon. Makes a neat gift.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM

I store all my designs on a simple thumb drive for about $10. I just make folders like you would for any document...Christmas, Halloween, etc. I also print out a picture of new designs when I get them and keep them in a 3-ring binder for browsing. I have a Janome 550e which uses the thumb drive (usb) so it's very easy.

Originally Posted by M.I.Late View Post
I have a question. I recently got a Brother PE770. I've used it a very small amount. What computer program would any of you recommend to store the PES files in. Right now I just have one CD. I've tried to download freebies, but they're a mess. Isn't there some program out there to properly catalog these files for a reasonable price?