Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 AM

I like the Singer Futura. It is less expensive and does a wonderful job. You must have a computer to run it. I decicated my old computer to it when I got a new computer.
I use it only with the Futura.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by PamB8s
My husband asked me what I wanted for my 10th wedding anniversary and I have been thinking about an embroidery machine. I don't want to do anything professionally. Just home embroidery, gifts, enhancing quilts. etc. Tell me in your opinion whats a great one to have. Thanks so much, Have a blessed day.
I have the singer futura and I just love it! Works great for enhancing my quilts. And, its reasonable! Got mine on flex pay from HSN.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by sniktasemaj
I like the Singer Futura. It is less expensive and does a wonderful job. You must have a computer to run it. I decicated my old computer to it when I got a new computer.
I use it only with the Futura.
That's the one I have too and I just love it!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM

truly a beautiful piece of work...I printed it, in hopes I could figure out the pattern. JUST LOVELY.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:20 AM

Be sure to check out the Janome 350E as an embroidery machine only, or the Janome 11000 special edition for the maximum in machines. Wonderful sewing machine and the best embroidery machine out there. Won't break your bank like the other machines. Your can quilt in the hoops that come with it also. There is software you can get that allows you to digitize your own designs etc. Don't buy anything till you check it out. Find a dealer close at Janome.com
Old 04-30-2011, 06:20 AM

I have a Brother Ultima 2002 and I love it and have never had a problem with it. However, if I were to buy another one down the road I would go with Viking simply because their design software is much more user friendly.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 AM

I am curious about the little Bernette embroidery machine that I have seen at Hancock Fabrics. I would like a machine that just does the alphabet so that I can make labels for the backs of my quilts. The Bernette was only $500. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 AM

Another vote for the Singer Futura...I've had mine a good 10 years and used it a lot, and it is a very nice machine. One of the big selling points to me was that futura can use designs from any company, (designs meant for brother or janome, etc), where with some of the machines you are limited to their designs or cards with designs on them. Also...you generally get software to edit your own designs(auto punch), and you can use all of the free designs out there on the web.
One note of caution...the newest futura(quatra maybe..or something like that?) the user reviews aren't so hot...it has a huge hoop, but no smaller ones..so people are wasting huge amounts of backing and stabilizer every time they want to do a little design...maybe singer will come out with a smaller hoop for it, because otherwise everyone loves it.
The deals on HSN can't be beat...they have flex pay, but also usually come with extra software or feet that aren't available to the public.
I think that now, most any machine you get will be a good one, they have come a long way. You will love machine embroidery! I have good suppliers for thread, designs and backing so when you get a machine, post again and I'll point you in the right direction! Good LUck!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:34 AM

I have the Brother se400 I love it.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful advise. I had not even thought of checking out a used machine at the dealer. While I am learning I might check into that. I have taken down alot of notes and questions to take with me.

Thanks again, and have a blessed day