Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
embroidery patterns >

embroidery patterns

embroidery patterns

Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 AM

I have a glass top table. I put an ott lite under it and trace away!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 AM

I had an old scanner that I took the hinged top off of - removed the insides of the scanner and bought a small under counter light at WalMart and slide it into the opening on the side and have a working light box. When I started the project I new I had nothing to lose if it didn't work-but it works just fine.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:34 AM

I have a short florescent light strip like you would use under upper cabinets that I place into my laundry hamper, a drawer, sink, or once even used the granddaughters wagon. Then I place a piece of plexiglass or large see through cutting board over the top and trace away. This way I don't have another piece of equipment sitting around taking up space but not getting used most of the time. There is also a portable rechargeable florescent light strip that my DH uses in the shop that I have been accused of relocating from time to time. Ann in TN
Old 10-24-2011, 03:45 AM

If you have a table you pull apart to add a leaf, you can add a piece of glass instead then set a lamp underneath, makes a great light table.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 AM

Aluminum foil under/around the florecent iights reflects the light well.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 AM

I made a lite box from a small plastic tote ( a clear one ) and a small under counter lite bought at walmart for $13 works great for me. Use double sided tape to secure the lite and make a hole in the side of tote to pass the cord. Good luck !!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 AM

I made a lite box from a small plastic tote ( a clear one ) and a small under counter lite bought at walmart for $13 works great for me. Use double sided tape to secure the lite and make a hole in the side of tote to pass the cord. Good luck !!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:25 AM

My DH made my light box. He built a box, then placed a picture frame with glass on top of it, drilled a hole and inserted a night light bulb into it. He bought all the wiring, light socket, etc at Lowe's
Old 10-24-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by taylorsgmom
I have so many patterns to create blocks for quilts and pillows. Do I really need to spend 60 bucks for a special light box? Could I use a Light Bright box? I think that we still have one from when my girls were little.

What do the rest of you use?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 AM

I bought one years ago from Clothilde. It's like a small lap table and has a florescent fixture that slides under the table. Paid very little back then. Have used it for years and love it.