Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Embroidery thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member Shrink42020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    350
    Okay I may be the owner of a Babylock Elegante 2 what type of embroidery thread is used? I have never had an embroidery machine before! But am so excited I may wet my pants!!

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,807
    Blog Entries
    1
    I purchase from 2 places, depending on the cost and what I am looking for. First time purchased, I used Threadart.com through Ebay and got a great deal. Loaded up my huge thread racks with it.
    But I prefer Metroemb.com. Their 5500 yd spools are 2.25 right now. Go grab yourself some!I never have a problem with these threads, from either place, and I have an Ellegante. Wishing for the Ellegante 3, and would settle for the Ellegante 2.
    They are great machines-you will love it!

  3. #3
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink42020
    Okay I may be the owner of a Babylock Elegante 2 what type of embroidery thread is used? I have never had an embroidery machine before! But am so excited I may wet my pants!!
    Congrats on the new machine.

    We got what the store recommended but found it doesn't "match" Brother or some of the other thread charts so we just color as we want to :)

    I like the Poly because it is so nice and shiny.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sunni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    452
    LOL! I felt that way last year when I got my Brother 4500D.

    I use the embroidery thread that I bought at the dealer when I bought the machine.

    I do believe it is Robison - Anton.

    robin

  5. #5
    Senior Member klarina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    888
    I have been embroidering a few years now. I have two EM. What i have found is that different machines "like" different threads. My advice would be for you to try different threads on your machine before committing on buying a huge lot of colors of the same brand. I have 6x10 Brother that hates Metro thread. I could not make it work with it in any way.
    My 4x4, works fine with Metro thread.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    At my laptop
    Posts
    276
    Babylock usually packages Maderia with their machines when they are offering a package deal. Robinson Anton and Poly x 40 both work really well. If you go the the Babylock website, go to downloads. Scrol down, there is a free thread conversion chart. It's worth printing off. Enjoy your awesome purchase!

  7. #7
    Junior Member vjjo743's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Marquez, Texas
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
    I purchase from 2 places, depending on the cost and what I am looking for. First time purchased, I used Threadart.com through Ebay and got a great deal. Loaded up my huge thread racks with it.
    But I prefer Metroemb.com. Their 5500 yd spools are 2.25 right now. Go grab yourself some!I never have a problem with these threads, from either place, and I have an Ellegante. Wishing for the Ellegante 3, and would settle for the Ellegante 2.
    They are great machines-you will love it!
    I could not have said it any better. I purchase through Threadart and now through Metroemb. Love their thread.

  8. #8
    Member taciage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    43
    Enjoy your new machine-there's so many great things to do with embroidery! I have found that Exquisite ( formerly Poly-X) runs best through my machine. I have fewer breaks, less tangle and nesting, no tension problems, and even their metallics run through beautifully. You will find a type that makes your machine happy. Good luck

  9. #9
    Senior Member Shrink42020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta-sew
    Babylock usually packages Maderia with their machines when they are offering a package deal. Robinson Anton and Poly x 40 both work really well. If you go the the Babylock website, go to downloads. Scrol down, there is a free thread conversion chart. It's worth printing off. Enjoy your awesome purchase!
    Hmmmm. . . .I went to the website but am having trouble finding the thread conversion chart. Is it under the Ellegante downloads?

  10. #10
    Super Member Connie in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canon City, Colorado
    Posts
    2,438
    Blog Entries
    2
    I would just love to have one of those BabyLock machines.I bet you saved forever.I'm starting to look this week,but at the Ellure or trade my Brother Disney machine for one that has a USB port.Connie in CO

  11. #11
    Super Member gramquilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    6,180
    I like Isacord recommended by my Bernina dealer and Rayon Madeira. My machine doesn't have a problem with any of the threads I have tried.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Shrink42020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    I would just love to have one of those BabyLock machines.I bet you saved forever.I'm starting to look this week,but at the Ellure or trade my Brother Disney machine for one that has a USB port.Connie in CO
    Funny thing, I have a $129 Brother which has made 13 quilts since March. It is so light and the stitches are not so good, so I decided to look for a new machine with a budget of $700. Went to local shop to test drive machines. Absolutely fell in love with Ellegante 2 (they had used Elegante for $3850), was amazed at the emotional attachment I had for this machine. Then tried Brother Laura Ashley ($4000). Everything way over my budget but was actually going to go for it. Then found Ellegante 2 3 1/2 years old for $2500 and could not resist!! I am so excited, like a kid on Christmas Day!

  13. #13
    Super Member Quilty-Louise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,499
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have been using Thread Art since I got my
    Brother NV1000 machine in Dec. 2006.

    For the most part it has been good thread I
    do have a couple colors that for some reason
    my machine just does not like, out of 180
    spools thats not to bad (at least I don't think).

    Floriani is a good brand also I have about 8-12
    different colors.

    I got a 24 spool set of Maderia rayon when I bought
    the machine (as a Christmas gift from the store) other
    than it being rayon I do not see anything to "special"
    about the brand other than the higher cost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.