Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Enough already >

Enough already

Enough already

Old 04-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Rob

I personally feel in some instances...on both sides of the topic...the subject could have been handled/worded differently than what I see.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Hey TreeFrog......Ignore the grumps...LOL! The administrators of this board will get the bugs worked out in due time. If people can't understand this then if they allow themselves to get frustrated enough to piss of the new people that are running this board, by constantly complaining, to the point of them shutting down the board well then......that would indeed be a shame now wouldn't it.

Chill out peeps, relax, do some quilting, have a cup of coffee or tea and let the admins relax and get their job done. After all, this board is priviledge, it is free for us, don't be so demanding.
You are so right!

Thank you to you and to others who have supported me with this message.

TreeFrog

I can read every new post on my blackberry so they are doing something righjt - last night I couldn't even read a post. Maybe they put on more firepower.

We all sure did lol

Originally Posted by SuzanneG
Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog
Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.
I have to agree with you GaiGai. The ongoing problems with this site really are unacceptable. I know people behind the scenes work hard. I love it here. I love my kids too. BUT. . . if they're misbehaving and don't toe the line within a reasonable amount of time, they're going to get grief from me.

The point is, some of us aren't complaining because we don't like it here or don't appreciate the good folks who run this site, it's that the problems we've all encountered since the site went down for maintenace a couple weeks ago has gone on for an unacceptable amount of time and therefore they are going to hear about it from many of us.

I totally agree with this and other comments like it-in the business world. Last I checked, it wasn't costing any of us anything to be on it.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors
Originally Posted by SuzanneG
Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog
Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.
I have to agree with you GaiGai. The ongoing problems with this site really are unacceptable. I know people behind the scenes work hard. I love it here. I love my kids too. BUT. . . if they're misbehaving and don't toe the line within a reasonable amount of time, they're going to get grief from me.

The point is, some of us aren't complaining because we don't like it here or don't appreciate the good folks who run this site, it's that the problems we've all encountered since the site went down for maintenace a couple weeks ago has gone on for an unacceptable amount of time and therefore they are going to hear about it from many of us.

I totally agree with this and other comments like it-in the business world. Last I checked, it wasn't costing any of us anything to be on it.
I think that this site makes money from paid advertising, not by charging quilters to enjoy an on-line 'community'. Perhaps the advertisers are distressed by the difficulties their potential buyers are having. Perhaps they have availed themselves of the info@ email address or other private methods to communicate their displeasure such as withdrawing advertising. That is not our issue as users of the site.

I have noticed no differences on this website since the turnover except for occasional poor-to-none-at-all responses to reading and posting and searching. If something has improved, I would like to know what it is because I haven't noticed it.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Thank you 3TreeFrog. My sentiments exactly.

My deepest appreciation to the administrator(s) for all the hard work to keep this board running.

(I suspect that the ones whining about it the most are also the ones starting up the new rant topics.)
Totally agree. I frequently skipp those topics and move on to the quilt related messages. I don't want to waste my board time reading BS.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 AM

I TOTALLY AGREE, ENOUGH COMPLAINING. WE ALL HAVE OPTIONS..............TRY SOME PLACE NEW......LET US BE EVER THANKFUL FOR THE GOOD THINGS THAT WE DO HAVE.......THIS BOARD....
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 AM

I don`t think we were complaining just letting them know there was a problem.
Gale
Old 04-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Banned

:thumbup:
Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 AM

DITTO to Treefrog