Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List >

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

Old 04-04-2011, 04:00 AM

I'm trying to print my foundation pattern for Buggy Wheels. When I print it breaks the pattern in pieces, but the pieces of patterns on each sheet or not broken down by actual pieces. It breaks the pattern in the middle of a 2" block. I've tried to lengthen the paper to legal size, still not good. Any help?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Go to print and click "preview". At the top of the page you will see a button marked "move" click this and then click the piece that is being split. It will turn red and you will be able to move it around with your mouse and place it on another part of the page.

Diana
Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Tried that, Diana, but the strips of each pattern are longer than the paper. When I move it, I can't break the strip apart at a sewing area. Guess it must not be possible to separate the strip for printing.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandyl
Tried that, Diana, but the strips of each pattern are longer than the paper. When I move it, I can't break the strip apart at a sewing area. Guess it must not be possible to separate the strip for printing.
Can't you just print them out and then tape the pieces together once you have them cut out?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 PM

I just bought EQ7 hope I can figure it out.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM

I plan to sign up for the EQ7 lessons in May. I need it NOW. ha Here's my issue with the EQ site-when it tells me to click on this and then CTRL key it doesn't tell me WHY I'm doing this particular sequence. That's what I need to know.
Julie, I've never had a quilt program before and I'm learning EQ7 and so far I like it. Maybe you would be interested in these same lessons.
Were do you take EQ7 lessons at?? I am going to need help this will be a first.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 AM

www.quiltuniversity.com

This is where I plan to sign up for the May classes.
I guess I will have to cut and tape, yes, but that is a real pain when it comes time to sew and then remove the paper. :( I'll just piece without the PP method.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 AM

Ah! now I see your problem. I haven't had that problem with anything I've made with EQ but my stained glass work is often a few feet wide. I either just tape the sheets together or copy the file to a thumb drive and take it to Kinko's or another place that offers large format printing. If you do that though, it's important to check that it is accurate
Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 AM

Kinkos is a good idea! I guess with a 16" block, the printing is going to be the only issue. If it were an 8" I could print without problem. Thanks for the Kinko idea.
Sandy
Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 AM

I have found a pattern in an old quilting mag and figured I could enter the information on my EQ5 and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Every time I use it I spend hours and wind up with nothing. Help will be fabulous!