Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List >

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Hi! Julie, Doesn't it feel wonderful when it all works. When I was going through the lessons, and I would go through each block, then be able to save the block to the sketchbook; I had to remind myself that it was me that just drawn the block. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I could do that. Hope you feel as good about what you've accomplished, because it is something wonderful and no telling where it will all lead. Chris
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

I have version 5 also but am satisified with it so I don't want to upgrade it.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 AM

I have 7, but haven't had previous versions, so I'm not aware if one is easier to use than another. So far, I'm loving my 7. I can't tell you how many times I've re-colored my buggy wheel.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Hi! Its probably whatever version you start out with, and if you upgrade things will be different and it usually takes a while to get used to the changes.
Sandyl, maybe you find what colors look best so when you ready to find fabric from your stash or buy fabric, you'll be happier with it because you've experimented with all the colors before hand.
I'm still not sure about how the fabrics look in front of you verses what they look like on the screen. I just ordered my first fabric purchase from Connecting Threads. It will interesting to see the fabric when it gets here and how close do they come to the pictures. I'm so used to looking at fabrics in combination with other fabrics; even then they don't always look good together in a quilt.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM

same here i have the eq6 ,i had it for awhile and haven,t had time to learned how to use it
Old 03-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Hi Anne, am taking EQ6 from quilt University now and the last class being offered for EQ6 is the advanced layouts is on April 15th. This was the last time EQ6 courses will be offered. They have EQ7 classes on now. Very worthwhile taking.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM

Hi! Nellie and Smiles, Thanks so much for posting and hope we can help and encourage you to use EQ. Its a bit of learning curve but its well worth. Chris
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM

I had/have EQ5 didn't have the time to learn it.
This winter I bought EQ7. Took the time to do the lessons in the book and in the EQ lessons in the Help in the program itself. Also started to do the lessons on EQ's web site. I am still having fun learning.Accuquilt had a challenge or something that made me think that Accuquilt studio & EQ would work together. LOL I am not there yet. Think if I can learn it it will be worth it.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Just ordered EQ7 today. Can't wait to get it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 AM

I plan to sign up for the EQ7 lessons in May. I need it NOW. ha Here's my issue with the EQ site-when it tells me to click on this and then CTRL key it doesn't tell me WHY I'm doing this particular sequence. That's what I need to know.
Julie, I've never had a quilt program before and I'm learning EQ7 and so far I like it. Maybe you would be interested in these same lessons.