Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ question >

EQ question

EQ question

Old 08-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Default EQ question

I would like to transfer a picture from this board to EQ7. It is actually a picture I posted of a quilt. But due to changing phones I don't have that picture anymore except on here. So could someone please help me do this.
I would like to make another quilt with this pattern but can't seem to get my pencil and graph paper to cooperate and since I do have EQ I might as well use it!
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:52 PM

Can you right click on it and choose save and then paste it into EQ? Just a thought, I've never tried anything like that. I can click on something and choose "save image as" and paste it into other programs, so that might work.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM

Thanks I will give that a try. Know I can't do it with my phone, but I have to do the WiFi thing to open EQ next time anyway and I can bring up the picture while I'm there.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

Do you mean that you want to draw the pattern of the quilt in EQ, or that you just want the picture of the quilt to show as a photo in EQ? You can't paste something into EQ and have it changed into an EQ file, but you can put a picture (such as a picture of a flower) into a quilt design in EQ. I'm just not clear what you're trying to do. You did say that you were trying to use graph paper, so I would guess that it's not really the picture you want, but the quilt design.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:28 PM

So is there a way to get the picture transformed into a pattern other than graph paper and an eraser lol!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:39 AM

Can you email it to yourself and then move around in your computer.?
Only idea I lost my EQ6 because the laptop got wet. Then purchased an EQ7for my laptop not realising it would not work.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
So is there a way to get the picture transformed into a pattern other than graph paper and an eraser lol!
If there is a way to do that in EQ I've not found it (but I only bash around in it!!).

If you have a photo and want to transform into a quilt pattern .. either mosiac tiles or non-uniform patches for raw edge applique, there are other programs to do this.

http://quiltedphoto.com/

Is that what you're talking about?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

I really think you need to show us the picture you're talking about (a link to your other post would help) and explain more about what you want to do. For instance, if it's a patchwork quilt, do you want to make another quilt like it but you need cutting instructions, or want to play with different fabrics, or want to figure out how much fabric is needed? Then EQ will help you, but you have to either find the blocks in EQ's library or create those blocks in EQ. You can't just import the picture of the quilt and have EQ figure it out - it doesn't work that way, and I don't know of any other software that works that way. But that doesn't mean that it would be hard to do!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM

This is what I do. I put the photo into a file in my pictures folder. I open the picture up to the size that I can see detail. I then open EQ7. I figure out if it is a horizontal or on point quilt. I click layer 1 and pick the layout I want. It may even be custom set. I then build my quilt. The Libraries tab at the top also has layouts. I would look in them to see if there is a match for my quilt. It is a process but it can and will look like your photo. PM me as I can talk you through the process. It is a great way to learn EQ!