Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ USERS!!! I NEED HELP >

EQ USERS!!! I NEED HELP

EQ USERS!!! I NEED HELP

Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 PM

I have to get this quilt done PDQ for DH's uncles 80th birthday. They're in California and we're in Texas. Got notified two weeks ago, but I had other quilts I had to finish because of their deadlines. Here's my problem now.

We won't be there but DH wants to send them a siggy quilt that they can sign at this party. I have a design using a panel to speed things up quite a bit. I don't have or know how to use EQ so I did it in Print Shop.

Once I measure my panel for exact dimensions, I'll be adding the checkered multi color strip, the woodgrain strip (where the size can flex to accomodate the siggy squares), but I have no idea how to determine what size to cut the siggy squares to make it all fit.

It probably expands more than this drawing shows. because there's no true proportions here. I'm guessing it won't look this tight - but maybe...

I see it looks a lot "Gingerbready" and not so manly - any suggestions how to tone that down or do you think it will be o.k. once the proportions are accurate? Is there a better lay out plan out there for this concept? The 80 siggy squares for 80th birthday was just coincidence.

Basically it's a panel, 2 strips, siggy squares then 1 strip and binding. Does Eq tell you how to size everything or am I just stuck asking a professor to help me?
Hugs, (even if you can't help me)
Gayle

panel, wood grain strip, checks. siggy square, checks, woodgrain
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228092.jpe  
Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 AM

That is going to be awesome!
Once you have measurements PM me and I'll see what I can do to help. Not very good with EQ yet but the trusty grid paper still works.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:53 AM

I am making this one right now , was wondering what kind of border to do, i love yours maybe i'll borrow that, i have eq7 but not real good with it yet just learning.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 AM

I had all that fabric, I ended up giving to my friend. That panel was so cute though. Good luck, I'm a newbie with EQ6 and haven't had the time to figure out how to use it.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm trying this with on graph paper right now, we'll see how that goes. Thanks Mom-6 for the reminder.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 AM

I think your design looks great!!! Wish I could help with the EQ issue, but I haven't used it enough myself to feel confident. As for manly- sure it is!!! I think it is perfect - not gingerbread at all. The only thing I'd add is a very dark brown binding which I think would set it off perfectly.