Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EQ6 ? - variable column (strip?) width

hi - I'm hoping you all can help me. I'm looking at a pattern that has variable width of the column. The strips/rows are two different sizes. The pattern will make a quilt too large for what I want to do and I want to reduce the size of the blocks....Is there a way to do this on EQ6? I've searched and searched but can't find any info on it....
    thanks

dee

I have EQ5, so I don't know if it is exactly the same. When I go to "print" either the block or the quilt, there is the option for block size. Just change it to what you want. Hope this helps!

Blog Entries
    start a new project
    click on the tab: quilt-new quilt-vertical strip (at the top of the page)

Now click on the tab at the bottom of the page that says layout
    you will notice that one column is high lighted, you can change the width of this column with the slider to the right. Click on the next column..etc...

Now for the blocks. to the right on the same page is a drop down that is titled: strip style and size. Here you can choose what goes into the columns. Click on pieced blocks and adjust how many blocks per column in the drop down below.

By changing the width of the column and the number of blocks in the column, you are changing the size of the blocks :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    start a new project
    click on the tab: quilt-new quilt-vertical strip (at the top of the page)

Now click on the tab at the bottom of the page that says layout
    you will notice that one column is high lighted, you can change the width of this column with the slider to the right. Click on the next column..etc...

Now for the blocks. to the right on the same page is a drop down that is titled: strip style and size. Here you can choose what goes into the columns. Click on pieced blocks and adjust how many blocks per column in the drop down below.

By changing the width of the column and the number of blocks in the column, you are changing the size of the blocks :D:D:D
    Ah...thank you! that's what I was missing

Blog Entries
    I keep forgetting all of those little drop downs, sliders etc.. too LOL

You are very welcome :D:D:D

Power Poster
    Is that sort of like adjusting column widths in Excel?

I don't have any of the EQ programs - poor me :-( - so really have no idea of how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Is that sort of like adjusting column widths in Excel?

I don't have any of the EQ programs - poor me :-( - so really have no idea of how to use it.
    Yes, it is...only you have to SEARCH or ASK to get the information on how to do it! hmmmmguess I used to have to ask when I first started using Excel...now I'm so used to it I don't think about it.