Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ7 on a MAC >

EQ7 on a MAC

EQ7 on a MAC

Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 AM

Does anyone have EQ7 on their MAC computer? i was wondering if you are having any issues or problems or how you like it.
thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 AM

I didn't realize there was a Mac version. Hmmm.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

There are some posts here about EQ and Mac. A guild member bought a netbook and put EQ7 on that instead of her mac computer. She said the programs for windows are never good on a mac for her. EQ7 is downloaded online so no disc.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 AM
MTS
Banned

There isn't a MAC version for EQ.

But the newer Mac's that have an Intel chip can be partitioned (hard drive) to set up a windows environment.

I know, heresy. ;-)

My friend wanted to do this and her husband, a Mac enthusiast, was appalled. APPALLED.

But the down side is the user also has to buy a full copy of Windows, plus the cost of EQ7.
And you have to, I think, reboot each time you want to use EQ as both systems can't be running at the same time. I think.

QuiltPro has a pure Mac version.
http://quiltpro.com/page/QP5_mainpage_Mac
Wow, and way cheaper than EQ.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 AM

Yes - I did find that out - but if you have a program called parallels - you don't have to reboot. I was afraid to mess up my MAC too - but I did have the Parallels program and a copy of windows from my Embroidery PC and it seems to work - I haven't purchased the EQ7 yet - but was really curious if anyone is actively working with in on the mac and it's working without any hitches. Thanks for responding. If you know if your friend is doing that can you see if it's working well for her? thanks again!!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 AM

I have a Mac with Parallels installed, and I installed EQ5, which I have, but it didn't work. I was too frustrated to keep messing with it, because there are so many possible reasons for the misfire and no easy fixes. Perhaps my EQ is too old for my Mac's Windows? Sigh.

I have Parallels because there are some programs I need to use that are only PC-based, and they seem to work okay. I did get a game installed, but it works very slowly, so I still play it on the PC.

Hope that helps some!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Would be interested in this as well since I'm considering getting a Mac. My IT person has assured me that it won't be a problem, but I'm still a bit hesitant.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 AM

Yikes - it helps - and that's what I'm afraid of - to buy the EQ7 and not be able to run it on my mac because of glitches. My macbook in brand new but my windows version is old. I may try to upgrade my windows first...and I still would like to hear a success story by someone who runs it on their MAC without a hitch. I wish these companies would get with it regarding MAC's. I am a graphic designer and started working on macs when the screen was 6 inches big and B&W. 90 percent of the artistic fields work on macs - in my opinion - quilting is a huge artform and a billion dollar industry. They need to step it up. (I wouldn't dare try to run EQ on my work desktop MAC at home- I couldn't risk it) thanks for the reply!!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 AM

I'll keep you posted!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 AM

I have an older PowerBook G4. My husband bought me a program called "Quilt-Pro for Mac" a few years ago. I played around with it a little, but have never gotten into it. I don't know if it's as good as EQ, but thought I'd send this possibility on to you.