Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ7 Questions, Answers and Comments >

EQ7 Questions, Answers and Comments

EQ7 Questions, Answers and Comments

Old 10-06-2016, 04:34 PM

Default EQ7 Questions, Answers and Comments

Let me tell you what prompted this post. First EQ7 was delivered to my house today. I had another thread going asking about EQ7 competitors and just from the few responses I can see that there are many people out there that own the program. Some of them can make the program dance and fall to their will and others struggle with the interface or just getting it to do what they know they want to do but can't figure out how.

Please ask any question in this thread that you want about EQ7, feel free to help out the less experienced if you have the time and the inclination. If you just want to make a comment - grand. Even if you have a question and no one answers and you call or write EQ and get an answer, please share with the rest of us.

I'm relatively new to this board. I hope this thread is OK to post. If I stepped on anyone's toes posting this, please just delete it and spank me (but not too hard please).

I hope that this will be a fun thead where we can all learn and share stories.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:43 PM

I'm going to try and start this off. In my other thread, Battle Axe asked this question and no one responded: "I bought EQ7 and trying to learn to use it. I can't find a Bear Paw block. Can someone please help me?"

I opened my new program and went through the block lists for about 30 minutes tonight. Just looking, since when I typed in "bearpaw" and "bear paw", nothing came up in the search function of the program. I did remember that the basic block is a basic 9 patch block.

This is the path that I took:
Libraries
Block library
01 Classic pieced
Nine Patch
Maple leaf is close to the Bear paw foundational pattern.
I then edited the maple leaf block to remove the stem and puff it was a bear paw.

OK, I'm proving that I just bought the program and spent about a half hour with it. If you have a better solution for Battle Axe, please contribute.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:06 PM

Thank you for starting this thread. I'll be watching so I can learn.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Here is a link to Rhonda's 23 tutorial lessons on this board:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...a-t195158.html
Another recent tutorial:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...c-t278631.html
Old 10-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Another recent tutorial:
Rhonda's lessons helped me a lot. The DoYouEQ part of the Electric Quilt website has tips on it too and some free projects.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Another recent tutorial:
When I did a search under EQ7 those tutorials never showed up. Maybe I didn't search the right section and just searched the forums???

Thanks for the grand links. Solid info to have.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm going to try and start this off. In my other thread, Battle Axe asked this question and no one responded: "I bought EQ7 and trying to learn to use it. I can't find a Bear Paw block. Can someone please help me?"

I opened my new program and went through the block lists for about 30 minutes tonight. Just looking, since when I typed in "bearpaw" and "bear paw", nothing came up in the search function of the program. I did remember that the basic block is a basic 9 patch block.

This is the path that I took:
Libraries
Block library
01 Classic pieced
Nine Patch
Maple leaf is close to the Bear paw foundational pattern.
I then edited the maple leaf block to remove the stem and puff it was a bear paw.

OK, I'm proving that I just bought the program and spent about a half hour with it. If you have a better solution for Battle Axe, please contribute.
Actually there is a bear's paw block in EQ7 - but it consists of 4 paws! In this case, and in many others where the name of the block can vary in spelling or punctuation, you can search just for one word in the block name. If you search just for 'paw' you will find bear's paw. But if you search for 'bear' you will find that one, plus a bunch of additional pieced or appliqued bears. If you search for 'bea' you will find the bears, plus some NY beauties. It often helps to broaden your search by putting in fewer letters.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

I opened EQ7, opened block library, clicked on search, typed in Bear and the first block was the bear's paw. Took about
a minute. When I first started with EQ7 it took a lot of playing and practicing to understand the program. I started with chapter one in the book and learned a lot from EQ website and forum.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:31 AM

I went through the book, read Rhonda's tutorial, have no problem with bezier curves as I am addicted to Photoshop and Illustrator.

What I don't like is the way it saves. No rhyme or reason. The layers tabs should be colorcoded to whatever you are trying to do. If you want stitching, it should be coded to the tool.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 AM

I have considered purchasing EQ 7 for quiet some time, but have not because I thought that I probably would not be able to use it. Love this post. Keep the questions and answers coming. I might change my mind and purchase the program.